Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Top 6 has to be like this

Miller Petey Boeser

Hoglander Horvat Garland.

you fill your top 6 spots with your 6 best guys 

its open for the bottom 6. 
i could see something like this

Pearson Dickinson Podkolzin (shutdown line)

Chiasson Petan Lockwood (energy line)

Chiasson and Podz need to elevate their intensity tho 

Edited by deus.ex.makina
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Is Bailey ready to go?  

2 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Considering he wouldn't look out of place in a production of The Wizard of Oz, I was surprised at how effective he is, physically. He hits a lot better than I would have thought.

Yeah Garland is small, shifty, smart, tough and hairy.  Alf must be in love with him :-)   

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, deus.ex.makina said:

Miller Petey Boeser

Possibly, but Horvat and Pearson are pretty effective together. I agree that Pearson should be tried with Dickinson thought.

8 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

Do we have any recent updates on Sutter, Motte, Brisebois, and how long did they say Keeper was out?

Based on what I heard, I think Keeper is done for the season. I guess there's a chance he might be able to play again in spring, but it sounded like it was a pretty extensive break.

15 minutes ago, deus.ex.makina said:

Miller Petey Boeser

you could be close. I think we'll see MacEwan in where you have Lockwood to start the year. I'm not sure Chiasson has bumped anyone out of a job. 

40 minutes ago, deus.ex.makina said:

Miller Petey Boeser

sedins and burrows never would have happened with that closed-minded ideology. 

chemistry is more important than who's better on paper. bo and pearse have chemistry, bo wants pearse on his wing, so keep pearse on his wing. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

I would imagine even if Hamonic comes back, is he in shape? Not sure what his situation is or has been, but if it's family related he may not be sticking to a strict workout and diet routine. 

Really excited to see what kind of season Petey and Hughes have - both seem charged and focused on playing. After signing new big contracts they'll want to prove they deserve the money.

The stars could be aligning in VAN.

Boeser, Horvat, Hoglander and Demko are all very good and aren't making huge money yet. Podkolzin, Gadjovich, Lockwood and Rathbone are real good, cheap rookies about to take the next step. These savings allow VAN to have Pearson, Garland, Myers, Hamonic and... Miller - who provides such passion and energy when he's on. A real leader. Ekman-Larsson finally getting an opportunity to play for a team in a hockey market. Not to mention Petey and Hughes who are going to want to prove themselves even more this year.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Sean Monahan said:

If you tap into LTIR, any players you recall will have their performance bonuses factored into their cap hit upon recall. If the team was not accessing LTIR with the Ferland contract then any player they recalled (namely Podz or Rathbone as I imagine they’d be the players with Schedule A [bigger] bonuses) would have their cap hit factored simply as the salary, exclusive of bonuses

If they start on the opening roster and get demoted after the team goes into LTIR, their demotion would create a bonus pool and their bonus in a recall is a non issue as they would simply tap into the bonus pool themselves created.   Would need to risk players on waivers though given the 23 player roster limit.

Höglander is waiver free though. So as a minimum would think that they'd swap Podkolzin and Höglander for the opening roster (if they don't want to risk others on waivers).  It would have no effect on bringing Höglander back up but Podkolzin's recall cap hit in LTIR would drop by over 600K to 1.158M from 1.775M. 

Höglander was not on the opening roster last season but was immediately brought back up so he could play in game 1.

Edited by mll
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

Possibly, but Horvat and Pearson are pretty effective together. I agree that Pearson should be tried with Dickinson thought.

It's pretty funny that a guy a lot of people bitched about  (Pearson ) is still the best winger with Horvat, despite bringing in guys more talented.

That line was a monster in possession with Hogs leading the way at 88% who knows how things shake out but our 3rd line might have Garland on it which is something I didn't really consider and is a great problem to have.

I do wonder tho if maybe to keep Horvat together with Tanner they bump them both down to the 3rd and run JT at centre on his own line with podz and Garland putting Hogs with Petey? Great problems to have tbh.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

Based on what I heard, I think Keeper is done for the season. I guess there's a chance he might be able to play again in spring, but it sounded like it was a pretty extensive break.

Broke his tibia and fibula. Very long recovery.

Based on the way his leg was bent in a way that was not natural, looked to a compound fractures as well. Poor kid. Was getting better and better as camp went on.

• RoughGame 1

11 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I would imagine even if Hamonic comes back, is he in shape? Not sure what his situation is or has been, but if it's family related he may not be sticking to a strict workout and diet routine. 

Really excited to see what kind of season Petey and Hughes have - both seem charged and focused on playing. After signing new big contracts they'll want to prove they deserve the money.

The stars could be aligning in VAN.

Boeser, Horvat, Hoglander and Demko are all very good and aren't making huge money yet. Podkolzin, Gadjovich, Lockwood and Rathbone are real good, cheap rookies about to take the next step. These savings allow VAN to have Pearson, Garland, Myers, Hamonic and... Miller - who provides such passion and energy when he's on. A real leader. Ekman-Larsson finally getting an opportunity to play for a team in a hockey market. Not to mention Petey and Hughes who are going to want to prove themselves even more this year.

That's a good question. When he opted out of the bubble playoffs, he said there were stretches where he didn't leave his daughter's side 24/7, he slept on the floor in her room. Not a lot of time for training/skating.

Now, none of us know if it's the same situation this Fall, but that's a possibility.

21 minutes ago, mll said:

If they start on the opening roster and get demoted after the team goes into LTIR, their demotion would create a bonus pool and their bonus in a recall is a non issue as they would simply tap into the bonus pool themselves created.   Would need to risk players on waivers though given the 23 player roster limit.

Höglander is waiver free though. So as a minimum would think that they'd swap Podkolzin and Höglander for the opening roster (if they don't want to risk others on waivers).  It would have no effect on bringing Höglander back up but Podkolzin's recall cap hit in LTIR would drop by over 600K to 1.158M from 1.775M. 

Höglander was not on the opening roster last season but was immediately brought back up so he could play in game 1.

I figured I was probably giving the dumbed down, simplified answer and somebody smart like you or Sid would be by to elaborate further. Thanks for the new info. 

If Hamonics value is 0 because he refuses to be vaccinated but insists on playing in USA, and we need to make a trade for a top 4 RD but we dont have cap why not make a trade to a rebuilding team with Myers and picks. Next years draft will be a right off but that will be the cost of business. 

Myers + Hamonic + 2022 1st overall (non lottery) 2022 4th overall + maybe Dipietro 

for 

Josh Manson + Kevin Shattenkirk 

This will keep our defense competitive for a few more years

Hughes Manson

OEL Pulliot 

Rathbone Shattenkirk

Juolevi Schenn 

• Haha 2
  • RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

you could be close. I think we'll see MacEwan in where you have Lockwood to start the year. I'm not sure Chiasson has bumped anyone out of a job. 

I wonder why Chiasson got PP time in Edmonton and now is a PP guy in Van when he has only cracked the 15 goal plateau once in his career

he appears to have hands of stone from yesterday's showing

1 hour ago, tas said:

sedins and burrows never would have happened with that closed-minded ideology. 

chemistry is more important than who's better on paper. bo and pearse have chemistry, bo wants pearse on his wing, so keep pearse on his wing. 

The thing is, Horvat has chemistry with almost everyone. He's just very easy to play with.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1