The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bode Wilde unvaccinated - "hoping his human rights are enough to allow him to play...what a world"

Rate this topic

Dazzle

6 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Haha, nice one. I can't believe these idiots. I hope Hamonic isn't one of these people. :sick:

He's dangerously close to being one, which is really too bad. He seems like he's a nice guy. If anything, vaccination should have been high on his list, given that he has a child who is immunodeficient. I know someone who is immunodeficit and she was very quick to get the shot.

Kind of funny that Edmonton protected Archibald over Larsson though. Yikes.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

He's dangerously close to being one, which is really too bad. He seems like he's a nice guy. If anything, vaccination should have been high on his list, given that he has a child who is immunodeficient.

Kind of funny that Edmonton protected Archibald over Larsson though. Yikes.

Yeah he seems like a good dude, but weird. Kind of like that friend that always has some odd hang-up that makes it hard to go places or do stuff with them. But yeah, why he wouldn't be vaccinated with his child's situation is beyond understanding ... unless he's anti-vaxx (which endangers his child = disgusting), or he is so uneducated and so free spirit he doesn't adhere to modern medicine or believes the government is poisoning us or some other weirdo rubbish bull$&!#.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

What a loser. He's a zero in my books for life at this point. Your human right to make millions playing a childhood game. Get real you putz.

I blame the media and society in general for giving these people so much attention, money, and fame.. 

Like you mentioned they're playing a childhood game making millions off of it and still complain. 

Meanwhile the doctors and nurses of this world get treated like poo and no one bats an eye. 

Kind of reminds when we had that thread of if athletes should be role models to follow? 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, x00x said:

Well canada wont allow him to play, if hes not vaccinated ...samewith bertuzzii who will lose money cause he cant play in canada

25 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

he has human rights, but the other people who gets to be around him doesn't? Like 60 year old coaches gets heightened chances of catching covid? 

lol... such dumbass comment doesnt bode well for this young dude's career. 

I don't know why he (or other antivaxxers) choose this hill to die on. Anyone rambling about "rights" and "personal choice" about a vaccine have no idea about what they're talking about. I don't understand how this can be comparable to abortion (usually this is what comes to mind when people talk about "my body my choice").

These players don't see a need to vaccine, which could significantly help the area that they live in because they have a much reduced likelihood of dying in the ER. Such a simple concept of saving yourself that these people can't grasp. Then when told that vaccines could protect those around them, they see no need because COVID can still be transferred, thus the vaccine would be deemed redundant.

The mental gymnastics of these people of being a rebel... I really don't understand.

• Cheers 2

8 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Well? 

6 BILLION Covid vaccinations have taken place worldwide. Its proven very safe.   Source

A small, very, nonetheless legitimate % have had major side effects 0.000074%;   Source  And based on AZ, owning most serious side effects reported.

Compared to roughly 1 in 482 dying from Covid by walking around in the US 0.207% , based on population 328,0000,000; Source

His odds of surviving are at least 2797 x worse.    >>  0.207 / 0.000074

But good on him for doing his own research?

You have reading comprehension issues.

7 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah he seems like a good dude, but weird. Kind of like that friend that always has some odd hang-up that makes it hard to go places or do stuff with them. But yeah, why he wouldn't be vaccinated with his child's situation is beyond understanding ... unless he's anti-vaxx (which endangers his child = disgusting), or he is so uneducated and so free spirit he doesn't adhere to modern medicine or believes the government is poisoning us or some other weirdo rubbish bull$&!#.

I love the don’t believe in modern medicine group, they are fun. Don’t believe in what you tell me about vaccines, weight, smoking, exercise, alcohol.  
Now fix my heart attack. 
I remember giving someone the clot busting drug after a heart attack and it actually worked. That is rare and a lot of taxpayers dollars went into his arm and that asshole tried to unhook himself from all the equipment to go for a smoke after throwing a tantrum to his very worn out looking girlfriend. These assholes won’t listen to what you tell them but want every medical miracle to keep them going when it is needed.  Ultimately they cost tax payers more, frustrate everyone around them and generally act like toddlers.
Sometimes you just want to say that if they don’t believe in medicine then stay home and die of your heart attack. What was life expectancy before modern medicine?  In the 40s?  Is that what you really want or are you a snowflake that only wants to do what you want to do?

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

I don't get it. If you do a little research (Like these folks say they have). Researchers have been working since SARS vaccine since 2002. Which is where Covid-19 stems from. 

“Early efforts by scientists at Oxford University to create an adenovirus-based vaccine against MERS provided the necessary experimental experience and groundwork to develop an adenovirus vaccine for COVID-19.”

More digging leads to more understanding. Instead people are dragging their own fears and making into a problem that's worse. Maybe read university and medical reports instead of sensationalistic tripe. 

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/how-did-we-develop-a-covid-19-vaccine-so-quickly

I've had a stroke almost 6 years ago now. I am fully aware there are chances of adverse side effects. I'm double vaxxed. And the risk vs. reward is massive. They even give you pamphlets when you get your shots, what symptoms to look for and seek medical help right away if it happens. With my friend in hospital with Lung Cancer, they put in a tap to drain the fluid buildup in his lungs. That's bad enough they are draining 350 ml of fluid minimum per day. If you think a mask is horrible. Perhaps you'd like the equivalent of a garden tube down your throat into your lungs to make sure you can still breathe when you have covid. I have a fear of drowning. So I'd rather get a shot, than die drowning in my own lung fluids. 

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

20 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I don't get it. If you do a little research (Like these folks say they have). Researchers have been working since SARS vaccine since 2002. Which is where Covid-19 stems from. 

“Early efforts by scientists at Oxford University to create an adenovirus-based vaccine against MERS provided the necessary experimental experience and groundwork to develop an adenovirus vaccine for COVID-19.”

More digging leads to more understanding. Instead people are dragging their own fears and making into a problem that's worse. Maybe read university and medical reports instead of sensationalistic tripe. 

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/how-did-we-develop-a-covid-19-vaccine-so-quickly

I've had a stroke almost 6 years ago now. I am fully aware there are chances of adverse side effects. I'm double vaxxed. And the risk vs. reward is massive. They even give you pamphlets when you get your shots, what symptoms to look for and seek medical help right away if it happens. With my friend in hospital with Lung Cancer, they put in a tap to drain the fluid buildup in his lungs. That's bad enough they are draining 350 ml of fluid minimum per day. If you think a mask is horrible. Perhaps you'd like the equivalent of a garden tube down your throat into your lungs to make sure you can still breathe when you have covid. I have a fear of drowning. So I'd rather get a shot, than die drowning in my own lung fluids. 

I agree and disagree. At this point part of my biggest frustration is the people that “do the research” but have no background to understand what they are reading. 
The amount of misinterpreted,misleading, cherry-picked stats that get misquoted to me to convince me that they have figured out where all the health care professionals are wrong is just staggering. 
I sit there with two degrees in molecular biology and an MD and nobody wants to here what I have to say, they just try to convince me I am wrong and they have figured out that this virus that has killed 4M people, that is eminently preventable now and is burning through unvaccinated communities is all a lie too…well that is where the argument always falls down. 

• Vintage 3

10 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I agree and disagree. At this point part of my biggest frustration is the people that “do the research” but have no background to understand what they are reading. 
The amount of misinterpreted,misleading, cherry-picked stats that get misquoted to me to convince me that they have figured out where all the health care professionals are wrong is just staggering. 
I sit there with two degrees in molecular biology and an MD and nobody wants to here what I have to say, they just try to convince me I am wrong and they have figured out that this virus that has killed 4M people, that is eminently preventable now and is burning through unvaccinated communities is all a lie too…well that is where the argument always falls down. 

Don't worry, the guy who got a C minus in high school geology to satisfy the science requirement found something all these brilliant minds missed.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

27 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Don't worry, the guy who got a C minus in high school geology to satisfy the science requirement found something all these brilliant minds missed.

My saviour.  Isn't he premier of Alberta now?

At this point though, I just say to myself, it isn't logical anymore it is just emotional.  People make crazy bonehead decisions all the time over their emotions.

• Vintage 1

God forbid he isn't forced to be injected with an experimental, gene altering "vaccine" that does NOT prevent transmission.  The only facepalm worthy idea is him being ridiculed to not take the jab (again,  that does NOT prevent transmission, but allegedly mitigate the symptoms if one were to get Covid).  Then of course the "anti-vaxxer" phrase is used.  Typical.  :lol: 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1