The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | Quinn Hughes - Contract Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

Bertuzzipunch

2 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

I read just recently that EP40 wants Marner type money and that for Hughes they’re looking at Makar as a comparable. 

So as high as 11-12 for Pettersson  And potentially as high as 9 for Hughes. 

BloodSucking agents. I hope they can bridge on a 1-2 year deal at 8 each. Otherwise it means they’re gonna lose someone like Boeser to Re-sign both. :(

Lol.  Lord Benning won't allow that.   He basically cut BB agents balls off with a similar ask.   Went along and spent the cap that they "thought " he had earned on a long term deal.    That said i'm sure it won't be this dramatic, but it won't be liked some (like me and aGENT), hoped for either.    Likely around 2 more combined.   Palatable.   The second these guys sign the "final offer", they will be under the microscope everywhere, especially the CDC. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Lol.  Lord Benning won't allow that.   He basically cut BB agents balls off with a similar ask.   Went along and spent the cap that they "thought " he had earned on a long term deal.    That said i'm sure it won't be this dramatic, but it won't be liked some (like me and aGENT), hoped for either.    Likely around 2 more combined.   Palatable.   The second these guys sign the "final offer", they will be under the microscope everywhere, especially the CDC. 

I think EP40 will come in at 9ish, Hughes at about 7ish. 

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

Bo and brock both signed later than this date when their deals were up I think. 

Y'all need to relax.

I’ve been ignoring this situation for awhile now for this reason. I’m starting to get interested again, hopefully within the week this is a done deal

11 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

so does the NHL requires players to be quarantine for 7 days before joining the team still? or QH can just rejoin the team the moment he sign his deal? EP prolly doesn't matter since he'll be in the city for 7 days already

Doubt that quarantine rule is still in effect unless a player is not fully vaccinated.

The pressure point should be training camp. Do we really want to go down this road? I don’t know how much of what Freidman is saying is accurate but I’m a believer in not having distractions during camp. It’s a fine line of trying to get a deal that makes sense for our future and starting this season the right way imo 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1