The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | Quinn Hughes - Contract Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

Bertuzzipunch

6 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

Is he more effective? How do you quantify that? Miller had almost a point per game this last season. Miller also plays a heavy hitting game and is a strong leader as well.

And how much would miller get if he was a free agent today? Probably pretty close to peteys contract now i think. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 204CanucksFan said:

And most would say, paying athletes based on past performances, especially in their 30's is a big mistake. That's how you end up with players like Player Name making $6 million, Wheeler making $8.25M for 50 points to age 39, Karlsson making $11.5M and long list of other contracts that aged incredibly poorly.

Hey if they win for you such as Kane and Toews why not… Sedins took team friendly deals so they could win alot of hockey which they did. It was unfortunate they didn’t get a cup… but they earned their pay. 

3 minutes ago, AV. said:

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canucks

Yep.  13.7M in space and only 10F listed (that's already including Ferlend on LTIR).

But no Hamonic opt-out, I'm told.:rolleyes:

Makes you wonder...

LTIR doesn't activate until the season starts. So you do in fact have to add Ferland's $3.5 million to our cap space.

Also carrying 9D and 11F when you add Hughes and Petey so shift one of the near league minimum contracts to a forward and add one more.

There's also potential LTIR space from Motte and Sutter.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

And how much would miller get if he was a free agent today? Probably pretty close to peteys contract now i think. 

Yup which is too bad because i think we may loose him. He might be my favourite right now. Thats why the whole team has to opt into team friendly deals. That way they can go far and make bonuses and win cups. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

That's with him on regular injured reserve, which is not the same as LTIR.  Hope this helps.

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Keep digging lol

Ferland is on IT not LTIR lol

Which means...what exactly?  Yeah, we'll get our overage but it doesn't change the outlook of the cap situation.  Again, there's still two forward spots to fill lol.

Just now, Devron44 said:

They are pretty nice deals. I’ll question anyone that thinks they’ve strapped our team 

Precisely my point but because I dared mention the GM is at fault for this tightness in cap, the angry mob came out...

• Wat 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Well put, and welcome to the board. 

You have used up your one post per decade, so better pace yourself ;) 

Which new player to the team are you the most intrigued/excited by? 

hehe, tell him to pace himself, then ask him a question he's going to have to stew on for a decade.

5oxojs.jpg

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, aliboy said:

So I think we can rule out seeing them play tonight - but what about Sunday?  Or do they just practice until Tuesday vs. Krackheads?   Do they need to quarantine or isolate - I don't even know how that works anymore for cross-border travellers? 

24 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

Is he more effective? How do you quantify that? Miller had almost a point per game this last season. Miller also plays a heavy hitting game and is a strong leader as well.

Without Petey Millers production would drop.

Miller got a lot of points the easy road with Hughes and Boeser on left side while Petey held off a few on the right side.