The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Elias Pettersson, Quinn Hughes

48 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

I've never seen a gm draft this many NHL players , or build an elite core with zero top 3 picks like this 

U go down his list in redrafts , and he picked the consensus 1st overall in Pettersson,  Hughes is 1st or second on allot of redraft lists,  boeser , and on and on. 

If podkolzins name was Smith and he played for the London Knights he would have been a top 3 pick as well. Super excited to see his ceiling.

1 hour ago, vancan2233 said:

Has anyone read the comments on Canucksarmy? Just embarrassing they call themselves Canuck fans, more like jealous Leaf fans. Great job JB.  

They aren’t Canucks fans at all. They are losers.  And yes, as you say, jealous Leafs fans.

57 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

I've never seen a gm draft this many NHL players , or build an elite core with zero top 3 picks like this 

U go down his list in redrafts , and he picked the consensus 1st overall in Pettersson,  Hughes is 1st or second on allot of redraft lists,  boeser , and on and on. 

And according to sites like HF Canucks, CanucksArmy, and the Athletic, all we’ve done is bled picks and have had nothing come up through the pipeline.  #9YearRebuild

1 minute ago, Patel Bure said:

And according to sites like HF Canucks, CanucksArmy, and the Athletic, all we’ve done is bled picks and have had nothing come up through the pipeline.  #9YearRebuild

I'm now confident this is the year people stop trolling this team and start to respect it for how it's been built.

I don't think we are quite there yet as a cup winning team. But oh so close.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, cuporbust said:

This has never been the problem of Jim’s it’s always been free agency, without those screwups we’d be in an even better position. That being said he’s nailed it this offseason

1 hour ago, cuporbust said:

I get it but where would you draft Jake and OJ?

Can't cherry pick the home runs.

Edited by Chris12345

8 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

This has never been the problem of Jim’s it’s always been free agency, without those screwups we’d be in an even better position. That being said he’s nailed it this offseason

Or acquiring picks. If the guy is good at drafting I'd like more picks.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Love the Hughes deal. 

Question: has any player signed a more expensive bridge deal than Petey’s recently? JB seemingly likes to live life on the edge. 

Petey has signed the richest bridge deal in history.  AAV that is.

Edited by Viper007

43 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

Sat Shah and Dan Riccio are ok, but most others on there are dog $&!#.  Randip Janda and Rick Dhaliwal flat out make $&!# up in order to draw attention to themselves. 

sat and riccio are two of the worst culprits, from what little i've listened. play a soundbite designed to make benning sound dumb and then giggle like schoolgirls. you can tell benning has no patience left with any of them, often cutting them off mid-sentence with his dismissal of their nonsense "questions" (read: attempts to put words in his mouth).

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I get it but where would you draft Jake and OJ?

Can't cherry pick the home runs.

Lots of duds taken after both Jake and OJ too though.  Ehlers was the only guy in the top 10 that wasn't a mistake, and Benning dodged a bullet and let Cahlgary take a locker room cancer who has made himself into the joke of the league with his gutless play and refusal to play like a man. It could have been much worse in each case.  You want to waste 7 million on Nylander making LE look like a workaholic with his laziness, or Tkachuk delivering cheap shots and then turtling when it's time to answer the bell, then blaming his teammates for expecting him to stop being a coward?

1 hour ago, Patel Bure said:

Yep.  That’s HF Canucks for you in a nut shell.  According to posters Melvin and Vanilla Cole over there, Pettersson only signed a 3 year deal so that he can leave ASAP.  After his three year deal you see, he will sign a one year UFA deal that will take him straight to free agency.  Pettersson will then leave Vancouver and it’s incompetent management.

There are other direct quotes from both Melvin  and VanillaCoke expressing their “concerns” over these new deals.

Those two along with jonnycanucker, jtmillerfora1st, and the idiot who spells two nucks name backwards have led me to a couple of bans and infractions, lol. 

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Those two along with jonnycanucker, jtmillerfora1st, and the idiot who spells two nucks name backwards have led me to a couple of bans and infractions, lol. 

You and me both brother, lol.  I got punted from that site.  Oh well.