The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT - Preseason] Vancouver @ Calgary Friday, Oct. 1/21 6:00 PM PST

Rate this topic

-AJ-

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I'm still baffled as to why Baumer is still employed after the destruction his incompetence caused last year.  The only thing this moron knows about defense is that he couldn't play it.

He is Greens’ Weisbrod.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, b3. said:

Anyone else thinking OJ will be the odd man out? (He’s been good)

I’m thinking Hunt and Rathbone are higher in Greens books.

I still think OJ has a chance. I’m not sure he’s actually a GOOD penalty killer but he does kill penalties (Rathbone and Hunt don’t) and that’s going to be an advantage for him.

I want to see what Rathbone looks like when he is playing with the full lineup, with teammates whose offensive instincts and talents are there for him utilize.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'm still baffled as to why Baumer is still employed after the destruction his incompetence caused last year.  The only thing this moron knows about defense is that he couldn't play it.

Gives the team a scapegoat if things don't go right. It's the only thing i can think? Was mindblown as well lol

3 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

I still think OJ has a chance. I’m not sure he’s actually a GOOD penalty killer but he does kill penalties (Rathbone and Hunt don’t) and that’s going to be an advantage for him.

I want to see what Rathbone looks like when he is playing with the full lineup, with teammates whose offensive instincts and talents are there for him utilize.

Sizeable pk,er could work for him

3 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

He's the only D that hasn't been scored on the PK. Even Rathbone in his only PK shift, due to a PK D being in the box, got scored on.

He's no Tanev but he's been alright on the PK. Some good and some bad but nothing noticeably too good or too bad.

4 minutes ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

Nic Petan looks way more noticeable than Dickinson.  Could we say 3rd line centre controversy?  Lol!  Just saying.  I have a feeling Dickinson will be the new board whipping boy.

I liked Dickinson in Dallas. He worked his tail off. Seems passive so far. Hopefully just preseason things.