The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Sharks claim Jonah Gadjovich off waivers

I like where this is going. 

Truthfully, does Gadjovich amount to anything?  Ehh, probably not unless we're looking at high-end 4th line players as a hot commodity.  But if this is what it takes for some people to realize the harm and mismanagement that's been going down in this organization for years and years now, then so be it.  A small price to pay for salvation.

We move.

This is pretty rough. I know they thought they could sneak him through but dayyyyyyum we don't have anyone like Gad in the system he could have been huge for us in the playoffs but I guess Highmore, Guiseppe, Zack bring more of what green wants in his bottom 6.  I understand but it sucks. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

And Gadjovich was developing exactly how they asked him to.

He fixed his skating in one offseason. The guy was willing to work hard on his flaws. Yet we literally gave Virtanen a leash a mile long when he didn’t work at all.

It’s clear Benning is in win now mode to save his job. I expect us to sacrifice much more young talent before he’s done.

This is exactly why I said before the off-season that when Aquilini made the decision to keep Benning he needed to not put him behind the 8 ball to make the playoffs or else.

I was all for firing Benning, Green, and Baumgartner. I thought Benning had a good off-season and set up the potential for a solid forward roster. 

Green and Baumgartner have changed very little in terms of style they want the team to play at either end. Keeping both may actually be what costs Benning his job.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Psycho_Path said:

Speed doesn't win you games. Goalscoring does. I like Lockwood and Podkolzin, but goalscoring should take precedence. I remember a number of years ago we had both Tuomo Ruutu and Jack Skille on PTOs during the preseason. Ruutu put up points, while Skille brought energy. We kept Skille. He didn't really do anything for us. When goalscoring in your bottom 6 is a problem and you have a player on your team that has shown the ability to score goals and put up points, you don't get rid of him because he's not as fast as some other player.

Speed is the new NHL and it does win games but I ask again where does he fit in our lineup:

Garland-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Höglander

Dickinson-Miller-Podkolzin

Di Giuseppe-Sutter-Motte

He isn’t better then anyone on our 3rd or 4th line here. He wasn’t better then Lockwood in camp and he isn’t as strong and physical as Bailey who also showed the scoring touch and has some NHL experience.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

Just now, laddie said:

Speed is the new NHL and it does win games but I ask again where does he fit in our lineup:

Pearson-Horvat-Höglander

Di Giuseppe-Sutter-Motte

He isn’t better then anyone on our 3rd or 4th line here. He wasn’t better then Lockwood in camp and he isn’t as strong and physical as Bailey who also showed the scoring touch and has some NHL experience.

Sutter and Motte are both unable to stay healthy so drop them out of your lineup. Neither being better support waiving him now as neither are starting the season.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

None of the guys we kept are NHL penalty killers so your point is moot.

Benning and Green have also kept a guy like MacEwan around who provides nothing.

This is a about Green wanting guys who “play the right way”. Meaning plugs that provide nothing more than dump and chase.

And turn the other cheek. Coach Ghandi strikes again. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, laddie said:

Pearson-Horvat-Höglander

Di Giuseppe-Sutter-Motte

Where’s Chiasson in your lineup?

Hmmm

1 minute ago, Conscience said:

Another brain dead move, multiple waiver claims on the guy is proof.

Why throw away another home grown talent, look at all the plugs we still have playing tonight and I guarantee none of those guys would have been claim. 

dowling , highmore, petan, pizza boy, big mac, chaisson all fringe nhlers at best and bring absolutely nothing to the table. 

It’s funny how much praise he gets for his drafting. Then you look back at his drafts and realize he’s dumped or lost almost every good young player.

It’s already started with that 2017 draft that just lost two good prospects.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they dumped Juolevi this year too.

Sad because I thought Benning was having a pretty good offseason. He always seems to have to have one wtf moment though.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, laddie said:

Pearson-Horvat-Höglander

Di Giuseppe-Sutter-Motte

I'd rather have him than Di Giuseppe, and both Motte and Sutter are currently out. IMO he's a guy that can slot up the lineup if other people aren't producing as well. Had 8 goals and 3 assists in his first 8 games in Utica (IIRC) last year, and 15 goals overall in 19 games played.

Edited by Psycho_Path
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

This is exactly why I said before the off-season that when Aquilini made the decision to keep Benning he needed to not put him behind the 8 ball to make the playoffs or else.

I was all for firing Benning, Green, and Baumgartner. I thought Benning had a good off-season and set up the potential for a solid forward roster. 

Green and Baumgartner have changed very little in terms of style they want the team to play at either end. Keeping both may actually be what costs Benning his job.

IF the Canucks falter in 30 games, it wont be a repeat of when AV was kept. JB will release Green to save his job, and if the team does not make the playoffs JB will be gone

I believe this is a show me year and they should be able to do good in this division

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Sutter and Motte are both unable to stay healthy so drop them out of your lineup. Neither being better support waiving him now as neither are starting the season.

He has promise and with the guys we still have in camp he still isn’t better than DiGiuseppe, Bailey, Lockwood or Petan. Yes those guys are coming back and yes they will be key members of our team because of what they provide.

21 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Or because he can stand in front of the net on the PP and not much else (Chiasson), skate fast and nothing else (Highmore), or be an offense only player on the 4th line C spot (Petan).

The reality is no one fighting for the bottom 6 spots are particularly well rounded.

dowling will plug in as 4th line c because he is versatile and does bottom 6 things like kill penalties. I don't see chiasson catching on. highmore plays the high tempo, north-south, physical game the team wants and can kill penalties.