The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hurricanes didn’t play enough pre season games

Rate this topic

UKNuck96

• UKNuck96 changed the title to Hurricanes didn’t play enough pre season games
2 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

What are the consequences (if any)?  Also good job Bergevin.

None in this case as it seems the NHL has given them and a few other teams exemptions.

however it’s the level of pettiness of the Habs trying to call them out to the league for it.

I bet when the two teams meet there will be some stick length and curve accusations and challenges going around 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

Cannot believe I’ve not seen this posted already

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.newsobserver.com/sports/nhl/carolina-hurricanes/article254867497.html

this is a new level of petty we can all aspire to - especially as the Habs waited until the end of preseason to flag it 

Is the Montreal Canadiens-Carolina Hurricanes feud back on again?

According to the league’s collective bargaining agreement, each team is required to play no fewer than six — and no more than eight — preseason exhibition games. The Canes are playing four, with the fourth Saturday against the Nashville Predators.

Frank Seravalli of DailyFaceoff.com Hockey claimed Friday on a podcast that while there was no official confirmation, the Canadiens might have alerted the NHL to the Hurricanes not meeting the number of preseason games.

LOL I love it.  Rivalries like this are good for the game because they are organic.

ps - speaking of which, remember that time when Tavares returned to the Island for the first time as a member of the Leafs?  To this day, I still believe that this was when the Islanders really became the Islanders.  The fans during that game were absolutely bat $&!# insane as you guys know, and I really believe that the Isles developed a huge chip on their shoulder after that game.  

Edited by Patel Bure
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

The Canadiens have such rich history, so many legendary players, so many Cup championships = all seems a bit tainted with that guy at the helm.  

Yes, they are a legendary team, but even as a guy into history, the current teams that are otherwise known as the original 6 teams (including Montreal) have nothing to do with their previous iterations. None of these current teams are considered cup dynasties. The Oilers and Leafs are yearly losers for the most part, especially Toronto. Ha. And they get their own TV show.

Christ.

• Cheers 1

Interesting that preseason schedules are announced well ahead of time so this should be no surprise to anyone, the league included so I can't see how there could or should be any punative action here.

3 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Interesting that preseason schedules are announced well ahead of time so this should be no surprise to anyone, the league included so I can't see how there could or should be any punative action here.

Well, the league also punished the Canucks for a contract that the league initially approved, so I have no doubt that they won't feel guilty about punishing the Hurricanes for something they initially approved. 

42 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

The Cane’s owner will have to stay after school and clean the chalk brushes. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GarthButcher5 said:

might I remind you of the Luongo recapture penalty

10 minutes ago, lmm said:

might I remind you of the Luongo recapture penalty

That was an entire different beast though. This is not at all on the same scal or level.

Bettman takes cap circumvention issues very seriously wheras this may have other mitigating factos such as a global pandemic associated with it and if anything it is hard to see hor the Hurricanes are gaining any kind of real advantage by not trying out paklyers in pre season.