The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Preseason Oilers @ Canucks / Oct. 9 / 6:00 PM Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

-DLC-

33 minutes ago, stawns said:

Its good for people to realize that the coaches don't actually play and when something isn't working, it's not usually at the coaching level

What is at the coaching level is still having no idea what your lineup will be after 7 pre season games and mistaking your 7th and 9th dman as your 5th and 6th.

What is also at the coaching level is demoting your hardest working bottom 6 prospect that played with energy every shift in place of older vets who haven't done anything this preseason. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

Coach Gandhi? Idk. Gandhi's done some pretty bad stuff. Green's not on that level.

But Rathbone has 12 mins of ice time so far, equal to OEL. 

Like wtf is Green doing?

He's having a huge lovefest with Rathbone.. Expect to see him as 2nd in minutes behind Hughes in a week or so, while we lose games 5-1.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

You know, it's a shame the coaching staff decided not to give the team more than a single game as a unit to start gelling 

It's almost as if we could have spent more games doing something other than sifting through plugs 

I think it was really beneficial to play the wheels off guys who had 0 chance of making the team.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Funny how the coaches get no excuses but it's okay for the players to play poorly.

Just burns my backside...

I get what you're saying, but it's a lot easier to switch out a coaching staff than move a bunch of players in and out for fair value. 

It's also kind of his job, just as it is theirs. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

Time is one thing, but every preseason game but the final one? It's not as if they don't see all those depth guys in practice and scrimmage too. 

I swear we went 1-5 one year pre season and then started the season with like 10 wins in a row.

My memory may be wrong.

But, with the late EP and Huggy addition saga and a few battle for positions, I'm not too worried.

This is a good squad. 

• Cheers 1

Well its not all doom and gloom yet! 

I have been quite supportive of both the GM and Coach.... but this year the team MUST make the playoffs or I will be the first in line to lead the angry horde with pitch forks.

The team, the fan base including myself just cant have another disappointing year, I don't think any of us can emotionally deal with that.

• Cheers 2