The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Olli Juolevi to Panthers for Juho Lammikko, Noah Juulsen

Hmmmm - its a death of hope kinda week here in Vancouver :/ 

Wonder what the return is ? Maybe Nutivaara ? Would make sense with putting Harmonic on Waivers + OJ's cap - and badly need a RHD. He is a UFA next year also.

J.B probably throws in his traditional sweetner of a 2023 2/3rd

Edited by Eddie

2 minutes ago, b3. said:

He already had to waive Hamonic who he just signed and hasn’t even played a game yet. :lol:

Someone should tally up how much money ownership has spent on making Benning's mistakes go away.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, b3. said:

He already had to waive Hamonic who he just signed and hasn’t even played a game yet. :lol:

What a weird thing to hold against the GM, a player that changes his mind on playing.  Was Benning supposed to look into the future and predict this?

Remember Sami Salo coaching him in Finland saying “ OJ needs alot of work to be nhl ready “ and that was before the injury. 
i wanted OJ to work out here , but the warning signs where very present. I just remembered him in the world jrs being a really good player but that was playing jrs.

hope we get something in return. But I don’t have very high expectations on what we got. Anything is better then free off waivers.

Go Canucks Go 

1482330F-2FAA-4C62-AB4C-45D463B8AE75.gif

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

Better than losing him on waivers I guess, if that was the alternative. 

I'm honestly not expecting much in return. Probably a 5th round pick or something.

Sucks that he didn't turn out for us, but oh well.

The good thing is that our prospect pool seems deep, with Rathbone, Woo and I’m even optimistic on Keeper potentially becoming a good depth defence man eventually. 
We’ve got a good young team I feel.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Hmmmm - its a death of hope kinda week here in Vancouver :/ 

Wonder what the return is ? Maybe Nutivaara ? Would make sense with putting Harmonic on Waivers + OJ's cap - and badly need a RHD. He is a UFA next year also.

J.B probably throws in his traditional sweetner of a 2023 2/3rd

I'd love to get Nuttella (can never spell his name properly) even if it means throwing in a pick.  I love the depth guys like Burroughs, Schenn, etc but if we have to play them in our top 6 for any extended time I think we're in trouble. 

To me it looked like he could see the ice well and read the play at the nhl level.  We even saw some decent physical play from him.

what was concerning was his lack of ability to turn when he was getting challenged on the outside. A lot of our defenders seem to have deficiencies, so it says a lot about how he was viewed if they gave up on him. 

green seems to have his fingerprints on a lot of these moves.  

Edited by Darius
  • Upvote 1

Bummer.  Still had hopes he would make his way on to the team or at lease rotate between him and Rathbone for the 3rd LHD spot.  

All the best, OJ.  It didn't work out here but I believe you'll be an everyday NHL'r.

Our defensive prospect pool is even thinner now.  Hopefully the return is a team need and not a late pick.

• Cheers 1