The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Olli Juolevi to Panthers for Juho Lammikko, Noah Juulsen

Welcome HF Boards to CDC, where we don't remember what we said last Tuesday, but remember what was said in 2016.......so negative! 

Hey, good luck Olli Juolevi and the best of wishes. Welcome Noah Juulsen and Juho Lammikko, we look forward to what you may bring to our franchise.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Oh good... Benning gives up on a #1 Draft pick in exchange for a couple AHL scrubs.

Meanwhile the usual cast of small mediocre forwards he traded for are kept up with the big club.

One thing which Benning is always consistent with... that is he never admits his trading mistakes unless he is forced to.

1 minute ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Welcome HF Boards to CDC, where we don't remember what we said last Tuesday, but remember what was said in 2016.......so negative! 

Hey, good luck Olli Juolevi and the best of wishes. Welcome Noah Juulsen and Juho Lammikko, we look forward to what you may bring to our AHL Club.

There, fixed it for you.

1 hour ago, Conscience said:

So we are one injury away from having both Hunt and Schenn in the line up.

welp good luck demko

seriously its like Green cant look more than a week in advance 

Myers OEL as the shut down  pair 

hahahahahahaha. Good luck with that. 

Both career - players both not known for their defensive play. 
Hughes poolman 

rathbone schenn 

looks like demko will be leading the league in shots faced and odd man rushes against. 
factor in the terrible coaching. Ugly.

Then like you said factor in an injury to one of the old pricy vets and it’s no different  than 7 years ago. 

depth-  no 

strong prospect pool -no

small /soft easy to play against team that lack any physicality - yes 

I guess that’s why petey only wanted a short term deal Best to keep his options open. 

hope OJ can prove all the people that defended that pick for the past 5 seasons right. 
Just imagine if Burke gave up on the twins as fast as Jb and company give up on prospects but then Again Burke crow and av actually gave the farm hands a real chance to make the team. Not so much with green and Jb. 

Edited by combover
  • Thanks 1

On a related note, I find it very funny that some are crying that we should have taken Tkapuke, over Juolevi,

when the very same posters were dead against signing Tony DeAngelo for league minimum, which Carolina did.

Talent over Character when it suits you, but Character over Talent when it doesn't.

As many posters have pointed out over the years, not all picks turn out..........a fact of life!

Again, Good luck Olli, I hope all your injuries are behind you.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

On a related note, I find it very funny that some are crying that we should have taken Tkapuke, over Juolevi,

when the very same posters were dead against signing Tony DeAngelo for league minimum, which Carolina did.

Talent over Character when it suits you, but Character over Talent when it doesn't.

As many posters have pointed out over the years, not all picks turn out..........a fact of life!

being an a hole and being racist is 2 different thing

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

While I'd take neither, DeAngelo is absolutely atrocious in his own zone and is a liability on the ice as well as off.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, combover said:

Myers OEL as the shut down  pair 

hahahahahahaha. Good luck with that. 

Both career - players both not known for their defensive play. 
Hughes poolman 

rathbone schenn 

looks like demko will be leading the league in shots faced and odd man rushes against. 
factor in the terrible coaching. Ugly.

Then like you said factor in an injury to one of the old pricy vets and it’s no different  than 7 years ago. 

depth-  no 

strong prospect pool -no

small /soft easy to play against team that lack any physicality - yes 

I guess that’s why petey only wanted a short term deal Best to keep his options open. 

hope OJ can prove all the people that defended that pick for the past 5 seasons right. 
Just imagine if Burke gave up on the twins as fast as Jb and company give up on prospects but then Again Burke crow and av actually gave the farm hands a real chance to make the team. Not so much with green and Jb. 

This pre-season management has been a disaster.  Juolevi is only the final cap on the sh*t pizza being served up by Benning and Green.

Team is eager to keep Chiasson up... yet he is only at best a temporary replacement for Boeser and bound for the AHL anyway.

Meanwhile they stupidly waive Gadj... who did everything they asked of him last year in the AHL and who still has room to improve...  and of course they lose him to another team.

Even if you think just of the importance to having a young exciting goalscorer in Abbotsford, in Gadj, you'd think that would be enough to keep him.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Dekey Pete said:

Yikes, first Virtanen and now Olli.  Not a good look on Jim's drafting record.  At least with Virtanen you can blame it on being a pretty weak draft (there were bad players selected around him too), but with Olli, he really missed on that one.  So many good players taken right after.  Waiting for the lackluster return to be announced and CDC to subsequently crash for the remainder of the Thanksgiving long weekend. :o

Jim will never have to defend his drafting record. 

Edited by cuporbust
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

And yet, we are starting the season with 2 dmen who were drafted by the Canucks, and we just saw Elder who played his whole career here, leave for Los Angeles.

Yes, and Bieksa, Ohlund. Allan. Some great dmen for sure. But many? No. It's been pathetic. You can't possibly be defending the Canucks drafting of Dmen. Been brutal since I been keeping track in the 80's. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Toyotasfan said:

Why even ask for players like these in return? There’s better waiver wire scraps before the season starts, might as well have given Joulevi away for free and pick something off final cut waivers.

We can still make waiver wire claims. This doesn’t affect that.

We needed to upgrade our fourth line with a pker. They’re hoping Lammikko can do that.

28 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

The Canucks addressed a long-standing need this off-season by acquiring a legitimate top-pair D .... and yet this defence group looks even worse than anything they iced last season. Quite a trick. 

Yep…  notably worse.

Edler and Schmidt were the steadiest pair we had defensively.  Losing them is going to hurt.

We are going to need to outscore our deficiencies or hope that Demko has a Vezina year.

If I am the coach and there is 5 minutes left to play and we are defending the lead… l look down the bench and have no idea what D pairing to put out there.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

It's kinda funny. Green jettisoned a few of the people who got a goal or assist during our DREADFUL preseason.

No, we weren't outscoring teams. The players that generated some points were: Gadj, Juolevi (minor assist), and Di Giuseppe. Who did we keep? Petan - former Green player in the WHL. :rolleyes: I must say though, Petan is decent. However, the problem isn't with Petan; it's with Green and him going back to his favourite players

Who made Green's team?

0 points, 1 fight/KO Macewen - he's obviously poorly utilized by Green.

Highmore, who I don't entirely dislike, but he was basically a nonfactor for a few of the games he's played.

Rathbone = promising but underwhelming preseason, aside from 1 breakaway goal from the box and 1 penalty shot, did he do anything else?

Chiasson = hustling, but generally not doing much aside from last game.

How many penalties did we take? A lot.

Who was killing most of the penalties. Juolevi.

Green just doesn't have a clue.

yup.... SHHHHhhhh!!!! dont let the NHL know we are going into tank Mode for this season! it already started pre-season 0-10 games!! lol ... we going for it all 1st overall ......

• Cheers 1