The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Olli Juolevi to Panthers for Juho Lammikko, Noah Juulsen

13 minutes ago, RWJC said:

He’s not overrated defensively. He’s just playing the role he’s been asked to play, when his true nature is exactly how u say it. His adapting to a defensive game has been incredibly valuable to the top 6 because of who rounds it out. That’s the only crux…his own linemates and an unbalanced top 6-9 have forced him away from instincts in order to be responsible to a role that someone else should have been brought in to play. Again, just an opinion. 

He is really not as good defensively as he is made out to be. He is good but not stellar. On the flip side he is way better offensively than he is given credit for.

• Cheers 1

On 10/10/2021 at 5:15 PM, Toyotasfan said:

Why even ask for players like these in return? There’s better waiver wire scraps before the season starts, might as well have given Joulevi away for free and pick something off final cut waivers.

Yep, the underlying numbers for Juulsen and Lammikko are slightly worse than Joulevi.  Also, you'll be getting 2 contracts (2 x 0.75) in return while losing one (1 x 0.75).  So regrettably, Florida is off loading more garbage at a higher cost on us than we are giving them. 

24 minutes ago, WestCoastDave said:

Yep, the underlying numbers for Juulsen and Lammikko are slightly worse than Joulevi.  Also, you'll be getting 2 contracts (2 x 0.75) in return while losing one (1 x 0.75).  So regrettably, Florida is off loading more garbage at a higher cost on us than we are giving them. 

what underlying numbers would those be? curious how a F and D can be compared that way. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, WestCoastDave said:

Even if I give you the odd Lammikko-Juolevi/F-D comparable, Juulsen has also already cleared waivers, adding to his value and equaling back your magical mystery equation there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

what underlying numbers would those be? curious how a F and D can be compared that way. 

13 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

They have about 4 career points between them in about a hundred combined games, you can compare that.

Is there anything else to support your position? I'm not knocking what you are saying, but as with Jimmy, a little clarification might be nice and would support your view.

regards,  G.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

Is there anything else to support your position? I'm not knocking what you are saying, but as with Jimmy, a little clarification might be nice and would support your view.

regards,  G.

You can Google their careers, I don’t know what else you need here, they do not appear to resemble NHL players in any category.

7 hours ago, RakuRaku said:

Be more specific pls??  Really good at talking to media? Really good at finding authentic sushi restaurants? Really good at arriving at practice on time?? 

He said hart trophy good if he’s used properly. Take this as fact from a panthers fan I know.

2 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

You can Google their careers, I don’t know what else you need here, they do not appear to resemble NHL players in any category.

According to whom, you? You look at some stats and think you know how they play the game or how they where used during games. The sample size for both is very small. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WestCoastDave said:

Juulsen cleared waivers already. So it's pretty much one contract. And I wouldn't be surprised if Lammikko could also pass through waivers if necessary. Taking two contracts does kinda stink, but is not a huge concern. At least not bigger than Juolevi's health. It does suck that Lammikko isn't a center though, with Sutter down for who knows how long Lammikko's presence isn't all that useful to us as a winger. We got plenty of wingers that can hold down the wing. Guy barely has a full season worth of games under his belt at soon-to-be 26 years of age as well.

10 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Juulsen cleared waivers already. So it's pretty much one contract. And I wouldn't be surprised if Lammikko could also pass through waivers if necessary. Taking two contracts does kinda stink, but is not a huge concern. At least not bigger than Juolevi's health. It does suck that Lammikko isn't a center though, with Sutter down for who knows how long Lammikko's presence isn't all that useful to us as a winger. We got plenty of wingers that can hold down the wing. Guy barely has a full season worth of games under his belt at soon-to-be 26 years of age as well.

Benning referred to him as a center. I imagine he can play there.

Anybody watch this guy play in the world championships a couple years ago? Looks like he played every game en route to a gold medal. Didn’t put up any points so I’m gonna assume he was in a shutdown role.

34 minutes ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

I don't know if someone's answered this, but why has Juulsen played so little games the past few seasons?

2020-21: 9 games total
2019-20: 13 games
2018-19: 24 games
2017-18: 54 games

90 games in the past 4 seasons and 46 in the past 3 seems slightly scary... 

he took two pucks to the face in an NHL game and has had ongoing vision issues and migraines  ever since.  He was tracking to be a very good two-way top 4 guy. Hopefully he can get back to where he was 

Edited by qwijibo
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

I don't know if someone's answered this, but why has Juulsen played so little games the past few seasons?

2020-21: 9 games total
2019-20: 13 games
2018-19: 24 games
2017-18: 54 games

90 games in the past 4 seasons and 46 in the past 3 seems slightly scary... 

He got hit in the face by a puck 3 or so years ago and he had long lasting effects that kind of derailed him.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

he took two pucks to the face in an NHL game and has had ongoing vision issues and migraines  ever since.  He was tracking to be a very good two-way top 4 guy. Hopefully he can get back to where he was 

Has his vision been rectified and corrected, or is it still an ongoing issue? 

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

Has his vision been rectified and corrected, or is it still an ongoing issue? 

They said he was healthy last season when he finally came back. But then Montreal lost him to Florida on waivers.  And he just sat on the taxi squad in Florida last season. The kid needs to play some actual NHL minutes. Not sure if he’s had any lingering issues but the fact that Florida put him an waivers last week and he cleared makes me wonder if he’s still an NHL player