The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Noah Juulsen | D

-AJ-

On 9/3/2022 at 10:07 PM, Comeback_Kings said:

Yeah, imagine Canucks already have their Devon Toews like turnaround project in the system, plays right D.  

Fans should especially be cheering these guys on.  Schenn, Burroughs, Juulson, Dermott, one of these guys is the player we need.  

*___  all we're looking for is a defensive RD!

And don't forget Keeper.

• Cheers 3

On 9/8/2022 at 8:08 AM, VegasCanuck said:

Looking forward to seeing what this kid can do in camp. He's my sleeper pick to surprise everyone in camp and become fulfill his potential and become a top 4 D

Hope so. It’s crazy how we don’t really have enough quality prospects to fill the RHD position.

Edited by grandmaster
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2022 at 7:56 PM, Captain Canuck #12 said:

And don't forget Keeper.

What does Keeper play like? DD, TWD, ENF type Dman? Was he injured all last year? I totally forgot about this guy. Does he have potential to steal a spot in the show? I saw he’s already had a game with Florida in two different seasons. From stats alone looks like he plays a hard nosed game and with a name like Keeper ooo baby we need him now to stop these cringey multiple goal lead turned losses. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, FaninMex said:

With him sticking with Hughes, has management shown that they will not be re-signing Bear?

He has yet to hit the 20 minute mark in a game (Vs Wolanin who played 20+ minutes in back to back games). Bear played 24+ minutes in back to back games before his absence. I don’t think he is quite there - but perhaps an option for the bottom pairing next season.

We are in a sticky cap situation. At around $2M I think bringing back Bear for one season is a smart move as he as shown he can play a top 4 role relatively well. Even if he ends up playing in the bottom pairing he is a good guy to keep as I think he is well above replacement level but way cheaper than a more proven top 4