The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Vitali Kravtsov requests trade

10 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Lol I don’t think he really does

then forget it. He'd ride the pine here under Green. 

We've seen it before with players like Goldobin. Couldn't cut it defensively, he didn't play. Green wants two way players - good offensively and good defensively. If you're both, you're going to play. If Kratsov isn't good defensively, it's just going to be more frustrating for the player in a different organization. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

We've seen it before with players like Goldobin. Couldn't cut it defensively, he didn't play. Green wants two way players - good offensively and good defensively. If you're both, you're going to play. If Kratsov isn't good defensively, it's just going to be more frustrating for the player in a different organization. 

I don’t think it’s that Hreen wants players that are good offensively and good defensively. He wants players who can play dump and chase and static defense to fit his systems.

35 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Imo, he wants players that will fit his system like a glove and no guarantee a vet will be a good fit - Schmidt.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

6 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

He looked terrible in his first NHL game. I think he needs a couple seasons in the AHL

Very true.  Kravtsov is another skilled guy who needs to learn how to play when he doesn’t have the puck.  And that’s best done in the AHL.  But (apparently) he thinks he’s an NHL player.  He sure sounds like a guy we don’t want. 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Very true.  Kravtsov is another skilled guy who needs to learn how to play when he doesn’t have the puck.  And that’s best done in the AHL.  But (apparently) he thinks he’s an NHL player.  He sure sounds like a guy we don’t want. 

hard to say on the surface / media stories. It does lower his price tho.

I can't see Jim trading a high pick or a-prospect tho. Might be destined for Arizona.

9 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Green also overplays Rathbone, who's made a number of defensive mistakes. Should he get benched too?

I wouldn't trust him to see players objectively.

4 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Green also overplays Rathbone, who's made a number of defensive mistakes. Should he get benched too?

For all the talk that Green runs a fair camp and team where everyone gets an opportunity to earn what they get, the reality is that he pretty much has his mind made up on players and their roles before they even get to camp. No other explanation to punish one player and praise another for pretty much the same mistakes.

10 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

is that his job though? every coach puts together a team style of play based on their experience and what they can motivate out of a group.

We all know what a Sutter team looks like, or a Trotz team, Torts, etc. Why is Green any different?

12 minutes ago, JM_ said:

is that his job though? every coach puts together a team style of play based on their experience and what they can motivate out of a group.

We all know what a Sutter team looks like, or a Trotz team, Torts, etc. Why is Green any different?

Those guys have proven they can be trusted not to destroy the team with poor lineup decisions.

Just now, King Heffy said:

Those guys have proven they can be trusted not to destroy the team with poor lineup decisions.

true, for sure for Trotz and Sutter. I do wonder if Torts got lucky once and has been dining out on that the rest of his career.

There really aren't any more excuses tho, if Green can't use this lineup to be competitive he's done here, and that group is one I'm sure a number of coaches would like to take a shot at running.

3 minutes ago, JM_ said:

true, for sure for Trotz and Sutter. I do wonder if Torts got lucky once and has been dining out on that the rest of his career.

There really aren't any more excuses tho, if Green can't use this lineup to be competitive he's done here, and that group is one I'm sure a number of coaches would like to take a shot at running.

Torts also did pretty well in Columbus initially.  He gets tuned out quickly but we're the only team that had no success with him.

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

He probably shows enough of a commitment to try to grow defensively. 

I think if Rathbone is showing that he's willing to learn and change his game so he gets better then yeah, Green plays him. If there's an unwillingness to change, like Goldobin, for whatever reason, then no, you ride the pine or watch from the press box. 

Now with that being said, i think Green doesn't really have a choice with his backend the way it is. Who else is he going to play? Rathbone probably provides something offensively, and he's probably "poor" defensively because he's young. That's the case with most players who are young, they're not very good defensively. I think Rathbone is smart enough (hockey IQ) to grow and develop this part of his game. 

Every coach, for whatever reason has their biases towards certain players. Green isn't any different, I suppose. But your right, sometimes his moves and decisions are perplexing. But it isn't nearly as bad as Willie Desjardins. Do you remember him? He gave me fits just watching the game from the TV. 

MEGNA ON THE FIRST &^@#ING LINE? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JM_ said:

hard to say on the surface / media stories. It does lower his price tho.

I can't see Jim trading a high pick or a-prospect tho. Might be destined for Arizona.

Where hockey careers go to die. 

except Loui. 

LONG LIVE THE KING! 

Yoo Ji-Tae Money GIF

• Haha 1

On 10/12/2021 at 10:48 AM, RakuRaku said:

Never sell yourself short dude... you will be amazed by how smart some ladies are going for inner beauty than anything LOL...I heard somewhere that women value men more if they can make them laugh all the time more rather than making them moan... something like that!!

If you can do both, you become marriage material.  ive been playing out of my league for something like 12 years now. 

• Cheers 1