The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Season Opener: Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Wednesday, October 13th, 2021 @ 7:00pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific, SN650

Rate this topic

Roger Neilsons Towel

19 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Agreed, but it all worked out in the end and he was put in a role to succeed. Not justifying the decision, but making a point that Green didn't permanently scratch Boeser. I would be surprised if Podkolzkin doesn't get a chance on a PP or middle six unit at some point. Hopefully, he grabs the opportunity when it comes.

Yah, but are we wanting to teach lessons to our young guys at the expense of wins while we're in a must win season?

Green could be a genius.  We'll just have to wait and see.

Edited by Rindiculous

6 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya, I don’t know what he showed that earned second line minutes. Podkolzin showed way more.

I wouldn't put too much stock into it, Green likes to mix up the lines a lot of the time. I suspect we'll see Podz with a few different C's tonight. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya, I don’t know what he showed that earned second line minutes. Podkolzin showed way more.

Chicken or the egg…calling all astrophysicists:

is Matthew high more or is Travis more high..???

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Chaisson on the second line? Am I missing something? Why do they always have to do the opposite of the obvious?

i guess i was close when i said chiasson was signed to be EP's winger lol. Green love his project players on the top 2 lines to spread the non existent offense we have shown in years 5v5

It's really funny how many people show up to push their pure negative agendas around here.

GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT. AND EVEN THEN STILL GUILTY DAMMIT!!:rolleyes:

After watching the vegas/seattle game i'm soo stoked for this season. I have a very short leash with coaching staff not named shaw this year though, But i'm not going to say i know whats best for the team. 24hrs in a day, And we only see 7-22min of each player every other day. I'm going to give management the benefit of the doubt that they will make the right calls regardless what i think. I'll reassess come game 11 though.

If i had it my way, I'd have more veteran coaching staff considering all our younger guys. But lets wait and see how the first month plays out

GO CANUCKS GO!!!:towel:

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I wouldn't put too much stock into it, Green likes to mix up the lines a lot of the time. I suspect we'll see Podz with a few different C's tonight. 

That honestly does not make me feel ANY better.... is that not what preseason games are for? 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2