The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Flyers claim Zack MacEwen off waivers

8 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Sure bud.

Superstars Pettersson, Boeser, Podkolzin, Hughes, Höglander say hi.

and 7 years of excuses and failure says times up. 

Hey how many of those came from our own development. Yup ZERO.
And You left demko out who did play on the farm and is a great young goalie. 
look at all those late round depth players we have too. ….. wow. The farms just teaming with prospects ready to crack the nhl. 

and really it’s not that difficult to draft well in the top ten. Every year!!

just curious if Two weeks ago were you one of hughes ep aren’t that good they can sit out if they want undeserved superstar money. Lol.   

• Wat 1

4 minutes ago, combover said:

look at all those late round depth players we have too. ….. wow. The farms just teaming with prospects ready to crack the nhl. 

just curious if Two weeks ago were you one of hughes ep aren’t that good they can sit out if they want undeserved superstar money. Lol.   

This was bound to happen since Benning loaded up with bottom 6 players.  Stick em in the blender and see who sticks to the wall.  Big Mac just fell off.  Juolevi got traded.  Gadjovich, that one burns.  

Honestly, I'm trusting the management group for evaluation.  They want younger, faster, harder to play against....we'll find out soon just what they've got

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

This was bound to happen since Benning loaded up with bottom 6 players.  Stick em in the blender and see who sticks to the wall.  Big Mac just fell off.  Juolevi got traded.  Gadjovich, that one burns.  

Honestly, I'm trusting the management group for evaluation.  They want younger, faster, harder to play against....we'll find out soon just what they've got

And yet they kept Petan, who does literally nothing of use.  I don't trust the opinion of anyone who thinks that plug belongs in the AHL over guys who can actually help the team.

• Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 1

9 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

But they didn’t go with younger harder to  play against they went with recycled 4th line veterans doweling is 31 hunt? petan? Highmore? none of those have ever been hard to play against.

green wanted “ trusted vets” so we threw away prospects. Again. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

56 minutes ago, combover said:

you have to admit, bitching about Jims picks being too good to need the AHL is pretty funny.

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, combover said:

But they didn’t go with younger harder to  play against they went with recycled 4th line veterans doweling is 31 hunt? petan? Highmore? none of those have ever been hard to play against.

green wanted “ trusted vets” so we threw away prospects. Again. 

Ya, Dowling 31, Petan 26, Highmore 25, Hunt 33

They don't say how they're building the team, nor would they because they'd be giving away intel.  I would say that Petan 26 and Highmore 25 are close enough in age to the core group.  Horvat 26 and Hoglander 20.  But is that really a big deal for the support group?  Maybe being fussy about the age of players brought in as support to the core is too limiting. 

I'm going to wait and see how these guys perform over 20 games or more.  If bottom 6 players don't work out then they are not that hard to replace.  

I'm keeping my eye on Garland, Dickinson, Podkolzin, OEL, Poolman and Rathbone.  How about Burroughs?

Not worth setting your hair on fire over bottom 6 guys.

FWIW, I wasn't pleased about losing Gadjovich.  I really didn't expect a guy with 1 NHL game under his belt to get plucked.  Neither did Benning obviously.  You never know.  Didn't expect MacEwen to go either

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rekker said:

Losing Gadjovich or Mac is fine if you have the depth to replace them. Just plain silly to lose what little toughness we had and have nothing to replace it with. 

Unless the toughness was a liability in other ways.  Management is believing that Juho Lammikko is the better option than both Mac and Gadj.  Let's see.  I forgot who posted the read but an article out there is suggesting that this may be a fair assessment, in which case we will quickly forget losing these guys.

1 minute ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Unless the toughness was a liability in other ways.  Management is believing that Juho Lammikko is the better option than both Mac and Gadj.  Let's see.  I forgot who posted the read but an article out there is suggesting that this may be a fair assessment, in which case we will quickly forget losing these guys.

I hope your right.

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

Really like this player, and hope he succeeds in Philly.  I see him having to bop with a couple heavy hitters in that division and don't know if he's up to that challenge.  

If he can handle himself against Reeves and the idiot from Washington, then he will have a long career.  If not, then he's done.  

Ross Johnston for the NYI is tougher than Wilson. Matt Martin and Johnston are a pretty formidable one/two punch (pardon the pun), and along with the guys you mentioned, could provide Zack with some interesting nights out East.

3 hours ago, JM_ said:

you have to admit, bitching about Jims picks being too good to need the AHL is pretty funny.

It's not that though yes the NHL ready and near NHL ready players from Benning have mostly panned out. But drafting and developing successfully I'm the later rounds and the undrafted is what builds depth. The same depth cup winning teams have. 

Edited by iinatcc
  • Vintage 1