The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Flyers claim Zack MacEwen off waivers

MacEwan isn’t a huge loss.  Gadjovich had more upside.

My issue is that with our skill guys largely being smaller and softer than average, this is still hockey and they have to feel protected so they can play their games.

With a 4th line expected to have a PK duo, it means one winger on that line isn’t going to play a lot of minutes as their 5v5 time will be less.  That is an ideal spot for more of a role player who can scrap and be a little deterrent.  Gadjovich was legitimately a tough guy who could do that.  MacEwan would fight but not someone anyone is really scared of.

We don’t have anyone like that on the team or even in the system.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Should have waived him sooner and kept Gadjovich 

Pfffft. - then Zack would be a Shark and Gadj would end up with Philly when we eventually waived him.  Neither warranted keeping up

Edited by Googlie
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

2 hours ago, Apricot said:

I'm sad

2 hours ago, Qwags said:

:(

2 hours ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Well thank &^@# we have Highmore... right?

2 hours ago, Rindiculous said:

Highmore was head and shoulders above Mac this preseason.  What this means with all these claims off of us is we've got a huge load of depth.

2 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

People here will try to put as negative of a spin on this as they can, but I thought he was quite useless. Good riddance. 

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

Woohoo!  The Canucks are so damn soft that they make the pillsbury dough boy look like Arnold Schwarzenegger

image.jpeg.bf6943290d06a982b397b115f47985f4.jpeg

Thank Gawd. So tired of seeing this guy associated with the Canucks. So tired of team toughness and being able to fight comments. Who on earth cares if he can't play hockey? Typical Flyer ... have fun wasting a roster spot.

image.jpeg.79b8b04dacb82cffe2c7919e25630274.jpeg

1 minute ago, rekker said:

Yip. All us keyboard GM's and players have our opinions. But those were wise words from one of the toughest Canucks ever.

I was never the biggest Bieksa fan and the coaching seemed to neuter him a bit as time wore on. But early on especially you knew if you &^@#ed around too much you were gonna be picking up some teeth. We sorely need that presence. Even if they rarely drop the mitts just being there helps sometimes.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, rekker said:

True. But you don't get rid of the only car you have because its not the best car. We don't have another car, or even a bus schedule. 

The bus is for losers.  
Id rather walk than drive around in an old Ford tempo that isn’t fast enough to keep up with traffic. 

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I was never the biggest Bieksa fan and the coaching seemed to neuter him a bit as time wore on. But early on especially you knew if you &^@#ed around too much you were gonna be picking up some teeth. We sorely need that presence. Even if they rarely drop the mitts just being there helps sometimes.

they still need to be able to play. Reaves was next to useless last playoffs, e.g. 

I do hate losing Mac like this tho, seems like a waste of a lot of development time. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

they still need to be able to play. Reaves was next to useless last playoffs, e.g. 

I do hate losing Mac like this tho, seems like a waste of a lot of development time. 

I totally agree. I wasn’t suggesting Mac is the answer to that need. It was more a general comment about a real glaring need.

• Cheers 1