The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Flyers claim Zack MacEwen off waivers

26 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

That certainly explains why countless other players managed to progress in their development on other teams.

Nothing but excuses all day every day with this team. The team sucked last year. The roster sucked. The coaching sucked. The systems and style sucked. And the execution of the faulty strategies sucked.

Accountability is an actual thing. Benning, Green, and their die hard supporters need to just own the above. Maybe try changing a few things to learn from it.

Not saying they didn’t suck last year. They absolutely sucked. 
This is a team that’s most important players were in second and third years and all the vets sucked hard. 
Even Miller looked off, even now his timing looks a bit off. 
This team was bad before COVID hit them. 
That and loosing Petterson who had a slow start.

Even the goaltending wasn’t stellar. 
Not arguing that.

The 23 man roster currently has 13 new players. I think the problems have been addressed to a striking degree. 
Is a perfect team, no. With more than half new players are they going to need a while to figure each other out-absolutely. 
This team has the potential to be very good but need to be led by Petterson and Hughes and they are the first people that would admit that. 

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Cheers 1

Just now, DrJockitch said:

Not saying they didn’t suck last year. They absolutely sucked. 
This is a team that’s most important players were in second and third years and all the vets sucked hard. 
Even Miller looked off, even now his timing looks a bit off. 
This team was bad before COVID hit them. 
That and loosing Petterson who had a slow start.

Even the goaltending wasn’t stellar. 
Not arguing that.

The 23 man roster currently has 13 new players. I think the problems have been addressed to a striking degree. 
Is a perfect team, no. With more than half new players are they going to need a while to figure each other out-absolutely. 
This team has the potential to be very good but need to be led by Petterson and Hughes and they are the first people that would admit that. 

It will take time to gel. It would probably take less time if some of the preseason were used to build some chemistry rather than pretending to have a battle going on for spots when clearly preseason had little impact on the players who were ultimately kept.

Its fine to say judge the team after 20 games. I am not judging the team though, I am judging the coaching decisions.

I don’t care if the team plays an effective system and loses. I care that they play a $&!#ty system and lose then blame everything but the coach.

Losing players to waivers is a sign that we are a young talented group that is on the brink to achieving greater things than our past “ great teams- 94 & 11” so buckle up enjoy this core with the existing coaching staff/management. Cheers to a great year ahead! :towel:

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

On 10/19/2021 at 1:11 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Would’ve been a fun game to play in…

But you didn’t… because you’re waiver wire fodder.

(Not rooting for anyone from Philly)

Edited by Me_
  • Sad 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • RoughGame 2

14 hours ago, Me_ said:

Would’ve been a fun game to play in…

But you didn’t… because you’re a waiver wire fodder.

Ouch. 

I had high hopes for Mac but he peaked during our playoffs 2 years ago and had regressed since. 

Didn't deserve a spot this year. Other guys beat him out. 

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

11 hours ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Didnt his mommy go on a rant on twitter about his playing time the year before last?

Nothing like seeing a twit being a twat for the rest of the world to witness. I mean, it used to be harder to figure out the village idiots. Nowadays they advertise it all over the internet. 

In Zac's and his moms defense, the twitter "rant" was more just a subtle comment about his lack of playing time. If I recall, a lot of folks on cdc were in agreement with the comment because Zac was playing his "best" hockey at the time and couldn't figure out why he was getting such limited ice time. Not that a twitter comment is helpful, but it wasn't as bad as your making it out to be.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I see Big Mac got into a game last night. About 9 min of TOI but a -1. I like to keep an eye on our ex-players. Will watch Gaud with interest tonight if he gets into the game. The ones that stand out today are McCann and Forsling. 

He also registered 4 hits in the game - compare that to the entire Canucks team 10 hits on Tuesday vs Buffalo.  Just sayin..............

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Stfu lol

This wasn't a goal. They lost 4-0.

Zack was -2. He has 1 pt in 15 games and 1 game over 12 mins toi. He makes Chaisson look like messier.

Nobody tell him Lammikko has 1 point in 19 games while being physically non existent. :ph34r: And if not for being on the PP Chiasson would have 0 points on the season.