The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Philadelphia Flyers | Friday, October 15th, 2021 @ 4:00pm PDT | Sportsnet One, SN650

Rate this topic

goalie13

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This shows the depth of the team.  Boeser, Motte, Hamonic and Sutter are all pegged to play key roles and the lineup looks pretty solid without them.  I am still suprised that Burroughs beat out Bowey, but who am I to judge, he did look solid in game 1.  With how good Poolman looks, that top 4 d is better than we have had in a while. 

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Have you seen the AHL trash they have on the right side of their D?

Have you seen the AHL trash we have littered throughout our lineup? :P

I know, I know, injuries and such, but we shouldn't be so quick to mock

12 minutes ago, Canuck Luck said:

I'm ok with criticism. I don't need to accept others beliefs. Neither do you.

GO CANUCKS GO!!

Seems like you’re not accepting this change just for the sake of it. Seeing as how using they/them for certain people that ask you too has absolutely zero negative effect on your life. But hey, you do you. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Petey40 said:

Seems like you’re not accepting this change just for the sake of it. Seeing as how using they/them for certain people that ask you too has absolutely zero negative effect on your life. But hey, you do you. 

Oh I will lol.

Lots of woke  people here like to just argue lol.

Back to hockey!!

• Thanks 1
  • RoughGame 1

4 hours ago, frank einstein said:

Loved that team at the time. Leach, Barber, Parent, Shero etc. When Kharlamov was killed I began to rethink things. Now I think Clark breaking one of the world's best player's ankle tainted the victory. Have you seen highlights of the guy? 

Every Christmas, as a kid in the 80s I would go to Winnipeg to see my Dad and Family. My Grandma lived in Flin Flon and we would alternate there and my Aunts house in Winnipeg. 

Once the drinks started flowing my Dad would re-tell the same stories of his Jr days on the Flin-Flon bombers and all the shenanigans they got up to, the years we were in Flin Flon the stories included visuals lol.

The other 11 months of the year involved my Dad calling at least once a month drunk asking if I could skate? Followed by a a slurred rant on why I needed to quit baseball and focus on hockey, (I was 10 ish lol).  As I write this I'm reminded of how much things have changed in 30 years and the shi@t my family did or anyone really would people canceled so fast their head would spin lol. The amount of drinking and driving alone is crazy enough nevermind so many other things lol.

Even then, Manitoba was another planet compared to BC, on Sundays no stores were allowed to open, so on Saturdays the lines at the local LC were long all day, drinking in the tundra is a necessity lol. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, -Moose said:

They don't have a single RD who belongs in the NHL, and an ECHL sieve backing up a geriatric starting goalie.

1 minute ago, HockeyHarry said:

It’s a grilled cheese tomato soup day. Cuz it reminds of the flyers jerseys on some weird level. Every bit I feel I’m eating a flyers soul. Plus it’s yummy.

834903CA-08EE-48B4-B58C-DE87287E9BFD.jpeg

sorry no picture yet, cause I will be cooking during the 1st intermission. Philly cheese steaks and mac n cheese

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, -Moose said:

I don't think there is a single team that doesn't have atleast one AHL quality guy on the team thanks to the cap. Edmonton/Toronto are just lucky and have about 8 of those guys:P

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Every Christmas, as a kid in the 80s I would go to Winnipeg to see my Dad and Family. My Grandma lived in Flin Flon and we would alternate there and my Aunts house in Winnipeg. 

Once the drinks started flowing my Dad would re-tell the same stories of his Jr days on the Flin-Flon bombers and all the shenanigans they got up to, the years we were in Flin Flon the stories included visuals lol.

The other 11 months of the year involved my Dad calling at least once a month drunk asking if I could skate? Followed by a a slurred rant on why I needed to quit baseball and focus on hockey, (I was 10 ish lol).  As I write this I'm reminded of how much things have changed in 30 years and the shi@t my family did or anyone really would people canceled so fast their head would spin lol. The amount of drinking and driving alone is crazy enough nevermind so many other things lol.

Even then, Manitoba was another planet compared to BC, on Sundays no stores were allowed to open, so on Saturdays the lines at the local LC were long all day, drinking in the tundra is a necessity lol. 

Flin Flon.   Bobby Clarke no wonder your Dad loved the Flyers.   Guys got heart.