The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Nic Petan

Doubt Petan gets claimed.

Good local kid, should be up and down between Van and Abby this season. There isn't really a spot for him when the team is healthy, especially in the Top 6. Dowling is a better bottom six option than Petan.

Will be curious who gets waived once Motte returns.

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'm not sure what I'm more excited for, Boeser returning or no more Petan.

I don't understand the hate. Petan produced in the preseason. Chiasson didn't. Petan got no chances in the season. Chiasson got way too many.

I don't hate Chiasson, but the way Green utilizes his players is head scratching. I thought for sure he would put Petan in his lineup because he was a former Winterhawk.

17 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I don't understand the hate. Petan produced in the preseason. Chiasson didn't. Petan got no chances in the season. Chiasson got way too many.

I don't hate Chiasson, but the way Green utilizes his players is head scratching. I thought for sure he would put Petan in his lineup because he was a former Winterhawk.

I like neither to be honest.  Petan reminds me of Ebbett and Megna.  Not talented enough for top six and too soft for bottom six.  He really doesn't provide anything of value to an NHL roster.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Quantum said:

Doubt Petan gets claimed.

Good local kid, should be up and down between Van and Abby this season. There isn't really a spot for him when the team is healthy, especially in the Top 6. Dowling is a better bottom six option than Petan.

Will be curious who gets waived once Motte returns.

Easy - highmore

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Makes sense.  Dowling seems to have the trust of coaching to do more at the NHL-level.  Nonetheless, I assume he's the next to be waived once Motte is healthy.

Assuming Petan makes it to Abbotsford, he'll provide a big boost to their offense.

I'm hearing Motte has been with the team on this road trip..... you see him coming back soon?? 

and yes, he's gonna make Dowling redundant... but Dowling can play centre too and I believe Motte doesn't anymore??...