The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Blackhawks - Oct 21st, 2021, 5:30pm PST

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

If we pull out 3 points out of the last 2 games, we'll be coming back with a decent road trip overall. 

All is not lost. 

Good perspective! Has to start tonight. A win tonight would put us in the right mindset for Seattle's home opener. We need to elevate our game even more for that one.

1 minute ago, nergish said:

No, nothing official. They may both play!
But if they don't....

Like I said... ugh...

Yea, I'd wait and see what the official announcement will be. Not sure why who would replace Podkolzin, though? 

Like, the team can't score, so you take a rookie who can or at the very least has the ability to score out of the line up? Doesn't make sense. 

5 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Good perspective! Has to start tonight. A win tonight would put us in the right mindset for Seattle's home opener. We need to elevate our game even more for that one.

I'd hate for us to lose to Seattle. 

I agree though, if the boys lose tonight, things are going to be even more tensed in the room. Sometimes players want to win so badly, they take it on themselves, aka Miller. 

I think the one trade chip you have (i know it's early to be talking about trades), is probably JT Miller. He's got two more years left before he becomes a UFA. I don't get the sense that he'll be a Canuck after this contract is done. Might go back to the states to play. If Benning can get a blue-chip RHD prospect/young defenseman in return for Miller, I'd make that deal. And then that'll give the team money to resign Bo (and we absolutely need to have him back; losing your cap is an absolute no go). 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

What is he doing scratching Podkolzin..

Green does that to the rookies - unless it's Quinn or Elias. He chops them down a notch when they start to get some confidence. Juolevi scores a goal and has a solid game? Juolevi would be a healthy scratch the next game. He's trying to keep them humble I guess.  I think Green has lost the veterans, but he still has power over the rookies. Podkolzin was one of the few who was really trying out there the last few games. And Green is going to bench him?  You think he'd try that with Miller? lol  Nope, he's got no power over Miller. Miller would probably tell him to F off.  

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

Green must go.

He's veering off into the ditch already. F***ing apocalyptic camp, lousing all summer progress.

Maybe eventually he has to go. But I think this is way too early to fire a coach. 

Looks bad on the team for firing a coach that early into the season. Reeks of instability and dysfunction. 

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Green does that to the rookies - unless it's Quinn or Elias. He chops them down a notch when they start to get some confidence. Juolevi scores a goal and has a solid game? Juolevi would be a healthy scratch the next game. He's trying to keep them humble I guess.  I think Green has lost the veterans, but he still has power over the rookies. Podkolzin was one of the few who was really trying out there the last few games. And Green is going to bench him?  You think he'd try that with Miller? lol  Nope, he's got no power over Miller. Miller would probably tell him to F off.  

Assumptions I guess. We don't really know. 

Veterans are players still, and the coach is still the coach. If Miller is telling Green to F off when he's benched, then there are probably deeper issues and personnel that we don't know as fans. If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised if Miller is on his way out. Like I said, he's a good player, and he'd land us a good RHD prospect or young defenseman. 

1 minute ago, SergioMomesso said:

Time for petey to step up or staple him to the bench. He has played one good game and did not dominate how elite players should.

See how he performs tonight. 

I haven't been able to watch the games much, but how is Petey's body language out there? Is he demonstrating that he's not there or is it just because he's missed training camp and pre-season and he's just getting up to speed?