The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Trade Petterson

On 10/21/2021 at 10:56 AM, Gumby67 said:

Here’s my thought , trade Petterson for jack eichel . They have valued petterson higher than what he brings to the table . Sure he’s skilled but in the heavy going disappears . 

Was thinking the same thing tonight but is Eichel a good teammate?   

-Conflict with O’Reilly

-Conflict with coaches and management

Sabres seem to be playing better without him, although it’s early.  Also, Eichel’s neck injury is quite serious.  Will he be the same once he goes through the surgery/rehab?  I’m not so sure.

It’s an interesting question for both EP and BB.  I think QH is going to provide the type of impact that his contract requires but can BB and EP?  Both are very competitive young guys so I’d lean on the yes side.  Unless a trade was proposed that absolutely helps the Canucks was offered I wouldnt do it. If BUF was willing to do cap retention and Eichel for BB though…..

Here’s my thought , trade Petterson for jack eichel . They have valued petterson higher than what he brings to the table . Sure he’s skilled but in the heavy going disappears . 

The fact that he was better than a point per game in the playoffs 2 years ago, plus he was the SHL MVP at 19, steering his team to the title, suggests that you are totally wrong.

He missed most of training camp and the last 30 games of last year and has had minimal practice time with the team to start the season due to extended road trip.

Relax, he'll pick it up soon, and no one in their right mind would trade for Eichel until he proves that he'll ever be able to play again.

Buffalo would jump at that trade so fast it would make your head spin.

• Like 1

Lets make it another blockbuster!

To Vancouver: Eichel, Skinner, Eakin, Miller   

To Buffalo: Pettersson, Boeser, Pearson, Myers, Lammikko  

If that doesnt get it done we can dangle McDonough 

Skinner Eichel Garland 

Miller Horvat Hoglander  

Highmore Eakin Podkolzin 

Motte Dickenson Dowling  

Chiason  

OEL Miller

Hughes Poolman

Rathbone Bouroughs 

Edited by kenhodgejr
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • RoughGame 1

17 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I think you gotta wait till 1/4 through the season before coming up with these ideas in regards of a player that missed the last half of last year to injury and almost all training camp due to contract talk. 

It is a little early. 

CDC waiting 1/4 season before dragging someone through the mud? :lol: We've had a couple dozen "trade proposal" threads that involve some form of Pettersson for Eichel in the last couple months already.

10 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Lets make it another blockbuster!

To Vancouver: Eichel, Skinner, Eakin, Miller   

To Buffalo: Pettersson, Boeser, Pearson, Myers, Lammikko  

If that doesnt get it done we can dangle McDonough 

Skinner Eichel Garland 

Miller Horvat Hoglander  

Highmore Eakin Podkolzin 

Motte Dickenson Dowling  

Chiason  

OEL Miller

Hughes Poolman

Rathbone Bouroughs 

Makes me wonder how this trade would come together on the Vancouver side.

Benning: we need to shake things up to get to the next level. Let’s trade 2/3 our top line for 2/3 of the top line (one of which still requires a risky surgery and may never play at the same level as he once did) from the worst team in the league for the last decade. And while we’re at it lets throw in a top 9 winger a top 4 d to collect more players out of the most toxic environment in the league. 

Benning: leans back in office chair with cigar 

I decline. Pettersson has been rough this season so far, but I think he can get going soon. His injuries are all mended and recovered from now. Eichel has a pretty serious neck injury that could eventually spell the end of his career. 

• Cheers 1

I wouldn’t do this, but I’m trying to imagine what this line up would look like if we swapped Pettersson for Heiskanen.

Pearson-Horvat-Garland

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Highmore-Dickinson-Podkolzin

Dowling-Lammiko-Chiasson 

Hughes-Heiskanen 

OEL-Myers

Rathbone-Poolman

Demko

Halak

2 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

I wouldn’t do this, but I’m trying to imagine what this line up would look like if we swapped Pettersson for Heiskanen.

Pearson-Horvat-Garland

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Highmore-Dickinson-Podkolzin

Dowling-Lammiko-Chiasson 

Hughes-Heiskanen 

OEL-Myers

Rathbone-Poolman

Demko

Halak

Is Heiskanen plays left side doesn't he?  Also doubt Dallas does this.   They love him and rightly so.   Out of all the guys that have come into the league, he's really the closest to the "next lidstrom"...that said when though he's a LHD i'd still consider it. 

This is hilarious...

Canucks fans... We want youth and build through drafting...

Canucks fans 6 games into the season lets trade the players hailed as the messiah less a year ago... for a player with a broken neck...

6 flipping games...  a player who missed all of pre season and was injured the ed of last season...

Cmon guys....

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

36 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Is Heiskanen plays left side doesn't he?  Also doubt Dallas does this.   They love him and rightly so.   Out of all the guys that have come into the league, he's really the closest to the "next lidstrom"...that said when though he's a LHD i'd still consider it. 

Heiskanen plays both sides to my understanding.  And yes, neither team does this.  Purely hypothetical “ponder outloud” post on my part.

22 hours ago, spook007 said:

This is hilarious...

Canucks fans... We want youth and build through drafting...

Canucks fans 6 games into the season lets trade the players hailed as the messiah less a year ago... for a player with a broken neck...

6 flipping games...  a player who missed all of pre season and was injured the ed of last season...

Cmon guys....

Yep.  7 games now .... Brock Boeser 2.0?   Just know he's going to get mad at some point and be an angry alien lol.   And start doing it.    

• Cheers 1

Anyone remember that time Crosby started a season with 0 points in his first 5 games, and only had points in one of his first 9 games? It was the 2015-16 season, he ended up with 85 points in 80 games, lead Pittsburg to a stanley cup that season while also winning the conn smythe. How about we all just relax a minute considering the season isn't even a 1/10th of the way through. 

To clarify, I am not saying Petterson is the same player as Crosby but many people on here and in the hockey world look at (or did look at) Petterson as a franchise player much like Crosby. IMO, you don't just throw away a franchise type player because they struggle to start a season. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Yep.  7 games now .... Brock Boeser 2.0?   Just know he's going to get mad at some point and be an angry alien lol.   And start doing it.    

Tbh I have zero doubt he'll find the melody again at some stage... whether it'll be in time for fans to accept, without thowing him to the wolves remains to be seen...

One thing is for sure.... I would never in a million years have expected to see the kind of backlash towards Petterson during the summer... 

Astonishingly we are waiting every day for the trade proposals to come in for the Alien....

Don't give a toss if he is well paid. All youngsters goes through big ups and downs while growing. Same for all of them...If we want to build a team through drafting those are the things we have to accept. Can't have it both ways.... except in fantasy land. 
Tbh seeing the OP's post count makes me smell a rat (or troll).... who knows. 

Edited by spook007
  • Vintage 1