The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Let's get Kraken: Canucks @ Kraken - Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:00pm PST

Rate this topic

therodigy

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

Van's got much better pricing.

That's good to here.   It's really not a big deal given I can't see many games each year, but when you do it shouldn't cost 100$ to have a pre-game meal at the show, and one drink per period either... Maybe i just forgot, but as a kid we'd go to a dive bar and for 20$ if you wanted you'd be pretty trashed before the game started ...  Seems like they have made it pretty hard to indulge which is fine i suppose.  One drink per period and a snack or two shouldn't cost the price of a ticket though either in the blue zone. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

I can't see the posted prices...tried everything on my computer but it won't show post like DLC's, heard it was like $13-16us for a beer depending on size or brand, unsure if that was true. Canucks draft beet is around $8 or 9each I believe. The smart move is to drink and eat before the game, otherwise your night out to a game becomes real expensive!

You bet.   

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

That's good to here.   It's really not a big deal given I can't see many games each year, but when you do it shouldn't cost 100$ to have a pre-game meal at the show, and one drink per period either... Maybe i just forgot, but as a kid we'd go to a dive bar and for 20$ if you wanted you'd be pretty trashed before the game started ...  Seems like they have made it pretty hard to indulge which is fine i suppose.  One drink per period and a snack or two shouldn't cost the price of a ticket though either in the blue zone. 

Agreed.

Trying to bring the family to one game these days costs a small fortune.

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I got spoiled in the Czech Republic and their sub $2 beers.  I will say that the beer selection has improved a little bit over the past; at least there were a couple of decent options last time I went.

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Canuck Luck said:

Agreed.

Trying to bring the family to one game these days costs a small fortune.

The average ticket to a Sens game is cheap ... can get center ice in the blues right above the reds or just of center which is even better for $80...add parking,  a meal and three drinks lol...$200.   Add some kids ... and a wife...well that's a PS5 brand new or something.   It does rub me that it's becoming a rich persons luxury.   My very first ticket was front row seats in the opposition end corner.   At the Pacific ... I was a kid at the time and it cost me ONE shift working at the gas station ... plus the ferry ride etc but still...Does a kid at the gas station make that now?  I doubt it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

26 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

So the Washington governor is so confident he didn’t even think he has to make a wager?

Or is he also betting BC salmon because he knows it’s better? :bigblush:

Edited by DeNiro
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

So the Seattle mayor is so confident he didn’t even think he has to make a wager?

Or is he also betting BC salmon because he knows it’s better? :bigblush:

It's fresher...now if it was an Alaskan team ... then maybe we'd be smarter to let them win.  Plus Orca's love salmon, what were they thing of! 

42 minutes ago, gurn said:

Saw them live about 4 yrs ago in Victoria, still sounded great. The gal has pipes.

I saw them in the mid-seventies at the Pacific Colosseum ( I think…everything was a bit hazy…) and fell in love with Ann and have been ever since. I’ll feel better when her appearance is confirmed though as this is just something I saw on Reddit.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, Canuck Luck said:

I'd much rather look at this than horgan lol.

either of them really, I know people get time off from work, but I  can't help thinking there are other, much more important things to get done.

The whole bets by public figures is so over done, I wish it would just go away.

Edited by gurn
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, IBatch said:

The average ticket to a Sens game is cheap ... can get center ice in the blues right above the reds or just of center which is even better for $80...add parking,  a meal and three drinks lol...$200.   Add some kids ... and a wife...well that's a PS5 brand new or something.   It does rub me that it's becoming a rich persons luxury.   My very first ticket was front row seats in the opposition end corner.   At the Pacific ... I was a kid at the time and it cost me ONE shift working at the gas station ... plus the ferry ride etc but still...Does a kid at the gas station make that now?  I doubt it. 

In Vancouver, a restaurant is offering $50,000/year salary to wash dishes!