The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Seattle Kraken | Oct. 23, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Ugh, I feel bad for Arizona fans.  

I think that they are about 2-3 years away from even having any exciting prospects that are ready to think about entering the NHL.  They might end up being a good team in about 5 years if they make the right draft choices and if the draft lottery gods smile down upon them.  I really hope that they land Shane Wright or Connor Bedard. 

As a Canuck fan, I wish them the best and that is all - except when we are facing them. They will be fine cause they are one of Bettmans expansion teams.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

Just now, Vinny in Vancouver said:

I think I would try a EP-Garland-Hoglander for the next game just to try to get EP's motor to rev up...

Garland has mentioned that him, Horvat and Pearson are finally starting to feel each other out and make plays without thinking.  

Don't think you need to mess with that one line.  It's starting to come into it's own and will probably be our top line until we get Petey back.  

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Garland has mentioned that him, Horvat and Pearson are finally starting to feel each other out and make plays without thinking.  

Don't think you need to mess with that one line.  It's starting to come into it's own and will probably be our top line until we get Petey back.  

Yeah, it was good to hear him say that (the interview's right above this).  It does take time to gel and you leave that alone if they're starting to feel it.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I'm a Rathbone fan but there's been an egregious turnover almost every game. If this was Juolevi (or Rathbone was a top pick) he would be crucified.

He's learning on the job as much as Podkolzin is IMO. It sucks Pod is easier to remove b/c he's made fewer glaring mistakes than Rathbone. 

Every NHL superstar has made their share of mistakes, they just stop happening as much with experience...

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I realize that, but I'm getting pretty desperate...

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

That fake was unbelievable.

Hard back pressure, not a great angle, and a brief second to get a shot away.

He basically had nothing, yet he pulled that off & fooled Grubauer (after they had been pinned for 2 shifts!). That's clutch.

He's an all rounder...just awesome away from the puck too. We got a good one here. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Getting EP competing is the most important thing that needs to happen. Would love to see him with Horvat and Garland actually.

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I missed the game, is Petey hurt??

8 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Pearson & Horvat being bigger stronger guys make it easy for Garland to be creative. He can make moves then give it to them & get open again to maintain possession.

Saw the first signs in the Philly game, since then they've just been growing & growing. Agree completely.

24 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

You still have to be able to at least play somewhat ok in your own zone.  I might be old school here,  but I don't think there's any place in an NHL lineup for a defenseman who can't play defence.  Dunn's body of defensive play isn't acceptable, and I'm thrilled that he's in our division.

I’m old school too, but new NHL has quite a lot of successful dmen who’s focus is entirely offense.