The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Home Opener! Minnesota Wild @ Vancouver Canucks | Tuesday, October 26th, 2021 @ 7:00pm PDT | Sportsnet One, SN650

Rate this topic

goalie13

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Do we want another Rookie Head Coach though?

No we don't. I want to see Burr back behind our bench one day, but that's for years down the road. He needs to get a bit more experience elsewhere.

• Vintage 1

Just now, kilgore said:

If they don't improve Ducharme won't last long.  If they choose someone else, with more experience, Burrows will either be let go by the new coach. But even if he remains assistant c, he'll be open to being offered head coaching jobs....:ph34r:

Couldn't be worse than Green, he was actually effective in all zones 

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So look what Sutter is doing in Calgary with a roster that is no better than ours.

The team plays with structure, intensity, and discipline. Oh and he rolls 4 lines!

I just don’t understand how Benning can watch this team play with the roster he’s assembled and think it’s performing to its capabilities.

Thats because sutter utilizes a proven system and makes everyone buy into it and they play better defensively as a result. I dont even think Green has a system, games all start with Canucks being outshot and scored on first and the defense is always losing coverage and leaving their man open for easy tap ins. Its ridiculous how bad they play defensively. They would lose this game 5-1 if Demko was not playing.

Just now, DefCon1 said:

Thats because sutter utilizes a proven system and makes everyone buy into it and they play better defensively as a result. I dont even think Green has a system, games all start with Canucks being outshot and scored on first and the defense is always losing coverage and leaving their man open for easy tap ins. Its ridiculous how bad they play defensively. They would lose this game 5-1 if Demko was not playing.

He also has a short shelf life