The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 26, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

not the effort level I would have liked to see right from the get go, we made it close at the end...lost by 1 goal. But holy $&!#....you open the PGT and the sky has fallen after a home loss by 1 goal, wow many of you are far worse than me...that is why many never react to my post yet I see others get lit up with positivity, some of you need to relax...we can't win every game, we are a team with glaring holes and poor coaching, this is to be expected...just like years past people!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 2

I am sure Benning is writing down all these excuses for his year end presser and so he can sell it to ownership. Our players weren’t here on time. Covid. Injuries. Road trips. Not enough depth. No time. Players didn’t develop the way they expected. It’s the same garbage over and over. A losing mentality clings to excuses and the media is already giving him bullets to use. 

Just now, IceHockeyPlayer said:

Don’t know what to say. It seemed like some of our players are tuning out the coach. Something is definitely wrong with Peterson. No effort, no hustle, and like most of the players get outworked tonight. It does not matter who we play we always get outshot. Frustrating to watch! 

Good goal tending has been hiding the terrible plays and system we are playing. Most plays are predictable and telegraphed.

Yeah. What's going on with Pettersson? Last season he didn't look right. He says he's healthy, but plays much the same way. What's going on with the young man? Is it mental? 

33 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Ownership has no foresight. They just go with the flow.

You'd think they think twice before hiring yet another rookie coach after the Willie D disaster, but there they went again.

Sure I prefer Green over Willie but part of having a rookie coach is to see them develop too, not only the players on the team.

It's been what, 4 years now (?) and there is still so many rookie mistakes this team makes in both zones. All the defensive zone misakes, the too many men calls and overall lack of fight when caught in adversity shows the weaknesses of the coaching staff as reflected onto the players. 

We need more actual hockey men in the upper ranks to help make decisions.

Honestly, I bet Willie Desjardin would get more out of this lineup than Green does.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

not the effort level I would have liked to see right from the get go, we made it close at the end...lost by 1 goal. But holy $&!#....you open the PGT and the sky has fallen after a home loss by 1 goal, wow many of you are far worse than me...that is why many never react to my post yet I see others get lit up with positivity, some of you need to relax...we can't win every game, we are a team with glaring holes and poor coaching, this is to be expected...just like years past people!

So glaring holes and poor coaching. Why is Benning still here?

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Comeback_Kings said:

Home opener after so so long, fans back in the building and the * Refs take away all the home team momentum in the first period.  Canucks get the opening goal and this is a different game.    

That’s no excuse.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

As someone who took a few years away from Canucks hockey, I don't recognize anyone on this team. Who are these guys ? Other than Horvat and did I hear Tyler Motte ?

Is Horvat a top line center and captain ? I think he'd make a better 2nd line center. The Kesler role

Motte is out. Tyler Myers is a d man. Bo isn't supposed to be top line center, but EP can't hack it as a center an yet. 

I think Rathbone can turn into a decent d man with some prime time in the AHL.  Season the kid properly.  He is in over his head here I think.

How many players has this org seasoned in the ahl for a while and turned them into a contributing player at the nhl level that helps the Canucks? 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah. We can't seem to have a full line up. Petey's probably hurt. Poolman just got hurt tonight. Hughes has some injury. 

Unbelievable.

We're going to see soon enough what kind of team we have in this year's version of the Canucks. Do they push back against Philly on Thursday, or is it more the same come Thursday evening?

Either Hunt or Schenn will be coming in Thursday if Poolman can't go. 

It'll be Schenn, if need be.

RD and Hunt was awful (not that Schenn was great, but Hunt was terrible).

2 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Any positives we can focus on for next game ?

Demko might steal us more games than we deserve.

The fourth line looked good and Hoglander was his usual self. Oh and Hughes and OEL look like studs out there.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 1