Canucks Community

[PGT] Philadelphia Flyers at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 28, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

15 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He took on our best fighter.

Plus he's still learning. 

It was a good match up.

We don't have a forward so willing to drop em.

so? he sucks at fighting almost as much as he sucks at hockey. 

7 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Was the winning goal by the Flyers a fluke - any thoughts from my fellow fans ?

Let's just say it is a fluke, there is no excuse for the team with this amount of forward talent/depth that they can't atleast tie the game with more than 2 and half periods to go.

53 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Meh, it's just Green blender approach to the lines. Prevents things like any kind of chemistry developing.  We got outworked by a tired team at home last night.

You can mix up the lines all you want, but if they're all playing the same bad system the result will be the same.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

9 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

Let's just say it is a fluke, there is no excuse for the team with this amount of forward talent/depth that they can't atleast tie the game with more than 2 and half periods to go.

Looked plan but from my POV and I agree, the on ice product for a roster with this much depth is hard to watch.

Last night: too much individual plays and the pump & dump has to go.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

27 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Relax - it still early and it can only get worse of better from here.  Personally, I will save my eyes next game and give Hirsch a try at SN650.  Enjoyed, Hirschs' analyst, opposed to Cheechs' commentary.

By all accounts I think we can turn things around, but tell me you think the special teams matchup for tomorrow night's game is a good one... Most of our PK'ers are baged up and we're going up against one of the top PPs in NHL history. Sure, I'll relax. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

By all accounts I think we can turn things around, but tell me you think the special teams matchup for tomorrow night's game is a good one... Most of our PK'ers are baged up and we're going up against one of the top PPs in NHL history. Sure, I'll relax. :rolleyes:

Their pk still lacks a single NHLer on the right side, and they have the locker room distraction of everyone in the league now knowing just how much of a piece of garbage Keith is.  I like our chances.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I was being sarcastic; and good question - good chance, Mcd & his linemates will be having a good skate while they are padding there stats and I gotta give Tippet some credit for the way they are playing; but THEY ARE STILL A MIKE SMITH INJURY AWAY FROM MISSING THE PLAYOFFS.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

13 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Schenn was using MacEwen's face as a punching bag while MacEwen was yanking on Schenn's visor. But MacEwen landed on top, so...

They both got good hits in but Schenn has way more experience. Schenn has over 50 fighting majors. 

Mac is a young fighter. He'll learn. 

The so-called snipers are still off...lots of chances to tie that game up, but guys either shoot wide, high or at the logo....

Boeser's chance on the setup by Garland is a perfect example. Shorty called it a "great save", but if you watch the replay, the shot was almost dead center of the net. Boeser of a couple years ago would have squeezed that one in the short side.

Until the top guns start putting those away, we're going to see more results like yesterday's and TBH, the second coming of Scotty Bowman wouldn't make much difference.

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Vintage 2

Was at the game and I was shaking my head entire 1st period except when Hughes scored. And the third was eventless, which is not a good thing if you are trailing. Second period was pretty exciting with us dominating the play and not getting a goal or two in the second was ultimately the reason why we lost.

Philadelphia executed AV's hockey very well. Fast and with good pace early on to get a lead and they locked it down in the third.

Podz looked great. I think Podz should continue to get a look with Miller. I feel like they will be able to build good chemistry together.

EP should stay with Boeser. Those two compliment each other the best.

And just keep on rolling the lines. In some sense, I felt like line mixing contributed to eventless 3rd period. Green should have kept the lines in the 2nd that was going well instead of mixing and matching to try and create goals. Line mixing should only take place if the players are struggling, which clearly wasn't the case.

Somehow didn't see much of Garland, I'm not sure why?

x-Miller-Podz

Pearson-Bo-Garland

y-EP-Boeser

I don't know where Hoglander fits best, with Miller or EP. 

And, it was weird seeing 2 RDs on PKs.

I'd say this team really needs a veteran LD to share the minutes with OEL and Hughes. Otherwise, it's surely going to catch up at the end of the season.

45 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Schenn was using MacEwen's face as a punching bag while MacEwen was yanking on Schenn's visor. But MacEwen landed on top, so...

I've never seen Schenn throw so many and they landed. MacEwen seemed to grab Schenn's visor out of desperation.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1