The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | Oct. 30th, 2021, 7:00 PM Pacific | CBC | 2021 Halloween Edition

Rate this topic

Roberts

Oilers @ Canucks  

189 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So are we still going to pretend the system and coaching  is not an issue?

We don't go from claiming this is the best, most skilled or deepest group we've seen in a while less than 3 weeks ago to this without having glaringly obvious issues.  The same glaringly obvious issues we've seen for the last 4 years and all

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

This was easier to take when we all knew the team was trash, but we were building towards something better.

This team is supposed to be the "something better" and yet it looks arguably worse than it did under Willie. That's why this is so hard to take. This is supposed to be the culmination of all of those hard years. This roster was what was supposed to make all of that suffering worth it. 

Now we're facing the possibility that this rebuild just didn't work, and that another teardown might be necessary. 

&^@#

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

But he was also coach for their best years? I'm not saying Green is great, but I think our top forwards wear more of it.

Exactly. They had their best years in the past because the coaching has now become stale and predictable.

Just now, Warhippy said:

So are we still going to pretend the system and coaching  is not an issue?

We don't go from claiming this is the best, most skilled or deepest group we've seen in a while less than 3 weeks ago to this without having glaringly obvious issues.  The same glaringly obvious issues we've seen for the last 4 years and all

FWIW - I said this team was crap 3 months ago, 3 weeks ago, and 3 days ago.