The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coaching Staff

-SN-

Fire the guy who's in charge of the PP and PK (special teams), and fire the guy who's responsible for the D game, and fire the video guy, does he even watch the videos? And last, but not least, fire the guy who's in charge of coaching this team. He's not doing so well. 

Basically, keep Clark and Shaw and get some new guys in there, some fresh new ideas

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Hopefully this will be moved into the alumni section very soon.

"Canucks announce that they will no longer have coaches"

This thread is for all coaches, not any specific ones.

Sorry, but this discussion is 6 months late.

As I said last Spring, Green should be replaced over the summer... but it wasn't done.

Now he likely won't be replaced till the break at earliest... and even if he's gone then, a new coach won't have time to put a new system in place till next year.

And the way Benning is, with his inability to acknowledge mistakes... Green may not be gone till next summer.

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Sorry, but this discussion is 6 months late.

As I said last Spring, Green should be replaced over the summer... but it wasn't done.

Now he likely won't be replaced till the break at earliest... and even if he's gone then, a new coach won't have time to put a new system in place till next year.

And the way Benning is, with his inability to acknowledge mistakes... Green may not be gone till next summer.

Whatever excuses could be made for Benning, keeping a lame duck coach for as long as he has is totally on him. I get giving an unproven coach a chance, but Green's sample is big enough to demonstrate that he's not winning with any roster.

3 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

If we lose the next game and these clowns are still around I think I might just have to take a Canucks sabbatical.

Yeah me too, its not even entertaining hockey anymore. No hitting, no intensity, no creativity, just the same ol' same ol'. Even the players look disinterested. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I just looked into it and there’s only  6 coaches in the NHL that have currently been with their teams longer than Green has been with Vancouver. 

- 2 have cups (Sullivan & Cooper). 

- 2 are Maurice in Winnipeg & Bednar in Colorado(yearly contenders).
- 1 is Cassidy in Boston who seem to be back on the upswing after a brief rebuild. 

So Green is in Elite company with Blashill in Detroit for retaining their jobs this long, yet having very limited success. I don’t mind Green, but it’s time for him to go. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I tried not to be overly critical of green in years past when we werent expecting to be great, but its now or never for him at this point. We are supposed to be close to contention and while i can forgive an imperfect start this is getting out of hand. Either someone needs to burrows our way out of this mess or changes in the coaching staff need to happen and happen fast. 

• Like 1

I think if we lose next game, Green and/or other coaching staff are at the final straw and it may already be the final straw now. If we lose both of the next two games, I will likely be on team fire Green/other coaches. He's running out of leash.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I think if we lose next game, Green and/or other coaching staff are at the final straw and it may already be the final straw now. If we lose both of the next two games, I will likely be on team fire Green/other coaches. He's running out of leash.

If they were being blown out in these game then I would agree with you. as it stands, regardless of the final score, they have been very good when 5 on 5.

I think that buys TG some time to get the special teams in order. That being said there has to be some improvement in the next couple of games  with the special teams or JB will at fire TG and move Shaw in as interim coach.

Slim pickings when it comes to available coaches now that the season is underway.

22 hours ago, Bure_of_94 said:

I just looked into it and there’s only  6 coaches in the NHL that have currently been with their teams longer than Green has been with Vancouver. 

- 1 is Cassidy in Boston who seem to be back on the upswing after a brief rebuild. 

So Green is in Elite company with Blashill in Detroit for retaining their jobs this long, yet having very limited success. I don’t mind Green, but it’s time for him to go. 

I love how everyone around here ignores the fact we had Sullivan under contract and let him slip away.

Pretty much move 1A of this managements tenure 

Its actually on Linden not Benning, but a rookie mistake that set this team in the wrong direction as far as coaches go

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

If they were being blown out in these game then I would agree with you. as it stands, regardless of the final score, they have been very good when 5 on 5.

I think that buys TG some time to get the special teams in order. That being said there has to be some improvement in the next couple of games  with the special teams or JB will at fire TG and move Shaw in as interim coach.

Slim pickings when it comes to available coaches now that the season is underway.

Could be. I might be on board with a reshuffling of special teams staff instead of Green.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Can we have Manny and Burr back how do we make that happen?

Burr never coached for us, but I think he'd be a great PK option at this point if Montreal would let him go.

Manny would obviously be a big boon.

On 11/6/2021 at 8:46 PM, Bure_of_94 said:

One of the best posts I have read on why green needs to get thrown to the curb. He has shown nothing.

• Cheers 1