The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Eichel and 2023 3rd to Vegas for Tuch, Krebs, 2022 1st, and 2023 2nd

qwijibo

9 minutes ago, PLOGUE said:

Was hoping Calgary was going to pull the trade off. Would have been fantastic for the Battle of Alberta. I'm not a fan of either team but would love to see Eichel vs McDavid more than twice a year, especially if Eichel is surrounded by better talent than Buffalo offered.

Also, my condolences to Tuch and Krebs.  Wouldn't wish a move to that tire fire franchise on anyone...except Marchand, I hate Marchand that much.

Sabres are a pretty talented team.  $&!#ty ownership but i see them turning it around soon.

48 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

It is risky, but one that could pay huge dividends if Eichel can get back to 100%. Of course if Eichel doesn't, then they just bought themselves an anchor.

They can likely juggle players on IR for the rest of the regular season, keeping everyone intact. Worst case they trade Dadonov and/or Smith for cheaper replacements. Would hurt their depth but I don't think it would be enough to sink them.

Vegas had to do this. They are essentially the next SJ Sharks. The day is coming where those highly paid stars like Stone and Pietrangelo are all anchors. They might as well go "all-in" on the next few years.

• Upvote 2

so let me get this straight... Vegas is rolling the dice, HOPING that Eichel can EVER return to playing.

I'll be the first one to let out a big belly laugh if this trade goes down as a great big cluster**** for Vegas. 

Just now, D-Money said:

Vegas had to do this. They are essentially the next SJ Sharks. The day is coming where those highly paid stars like Stone and Pietrangelo are all anchors. They might as well go "all-in" on the next few years.

Agreed. I think it's a great move for them, and I consider them the cup favourites with a healthy Eichel.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Yeah, I'm not sure why people think this is a terrible deal for buffalo, I think this weakens Vegas immensely.  

Buffalo won.  When its playoff times its talented guys like krebs and tuch who have that all around game, grit and xfactor that take you deep.

2 hours ago, stawns said:

I'm obviously in the minority as I see this as a terrible trade for Vegas, who are already on their way down.  Now, they trade Tuch, a blazing fast pfwd with good hands, a #17 pick (who many had pegged to go higher), next years first and a 2nd or 3rd..,......for an injury plagued guy who might never be the same and who's had some good seasons, but hasn't accomplished much yet in his career.

I'm glad Tuch is out of our division. We have speed guys that can get on Eichel. And if he has spinal fusion that will make him a bit less dangerous. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Agreed. I think it's a great move for them, and I consider them the cup favourites with a healthy Eichel.

IF, he is ever able to play again. I would have made picks, conditional, and I would have asked for a conditional 1st back from Buffalo, in the event that Eichel retires in the next 2 years.

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

A late first, Tuch who’s always injured as well and Krebs? Really!??

Well, considering Eichel will probably be even more injury prone now than tuch, that's probably all he is worth at this point . Not a bad return considering the situation imo

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

A late first, Tuch who’s always injured as well and Krebs? Really!??

Up until this season his attendance has been pretty good, so I'm not sure where you're getting that.

But yup. Tuch is a legit player, a 1st rd pick is a 1st rd pick, and Krebs would immediately be the best prospect in our pool if we're not counting Podz any more.

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Up until this season his attendance has been pretty good, so I'm not sure where you're getting that.

But yup. Tuch is a legit player, a 1st rd pick is a 1st rd pick, and Krebs would immediately be the best prospect in our pool if we're not counting Podz any more.

Agree to disagree