The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nashville Predators at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 05, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, eeeeergh said:

Agreed. Overall I think our problem is Jason King doesn't do ENOUGH coaching. Why is he just coaching the power play? Shouldn't he be coaching Demko too? I'd also like to see him head over to the opposing teams bench and do some power play coaching for them too.

Look its simple - King is a great coach, just doesn't have enough experience. Do the things above, and watch what happens. 

Username completely checks out. That's the exact sound I make when I make a statement I know is 100% accurate. 

Well said. 

• Haha 1

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Oh yeah, send poor Hoglander out there to answer for the terrible PP. Right....

Whoever decides this stuff, get bent.

Hes right though - the passive box with OEL or Hughes limp wristing a point shot is too complicated. 

Here's my simple powerplay plan:
- Skate it to center, dump it in, do NOT chase - hang out around the blue line so you can skate back into our zone and retrieve it faster, then simply repeat. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Nobody should blame any individual players except maybe Chaisson for being too slow but the whole team isnt playing like a team right now. Thats on coaching 100%. I see effort from many players, at least more than 90% of the team but we are playing like a beer league team. We need NHL level coaches that can right this ship. I hope Benning realizes this sooner than later.

pettersson sucked.  Again.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

What are you talking about? 

This is one of the deepest team we've seen in years. 

When your 3rd line is Boeser Dickinson Podz, what more do you want? 

As for 4th line, Lammikko and Chiasson was Green's choice 

So was Schenn (although I'm coming around on him) 

Exactly. How many teams can ice a lineup that features Boeser on the 3rd line?

The 4th line choices are on Green. He could've chosen other players.

• Cheers 2

Some people are saying that this team is "not very good". I am under no illusion that this team is very good or a cup contender, but we surely have a better roster compared to teams like Detroit, Anaheim, and even Nashville. The alarming thing about this team is not that they are necessarily losing, it is how they lose. They look tired and it doesn't even look like they know what they're doing most of the time. It is strange that all of a sudden our star players like Boeser and Pettersson turn into pumpkins. Also, why are our special teams WORSE than last year? At least they seem to be. This looks like a mental toughness and coaching issue.