The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Avalanche l Thursday, Nov. 11/21 l 6:00 PM

Rate this topic

-DLC-

3 minutes ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

This team lacking character.  There are no Bieska or Jovo on this team.  They are as tight as a drum.  Every team needs jokesters and leadership.  This teams leaders are silent.

I mean that team clealry lacks an identity.

They don't seem quite skilled enough to run and gun and outscore their defensive problems and compensate for their weak d core.

They also don't have any hitters, agitators, or energy guys on the team right now.

That 4th line is as soft as tissue paper.

Dickinson and Pearson are bigger bodies that don't play with an edge.

Pokolzin has the size but he is a rookie.

JT Miller and Garland might be the only 2 guys on the team who play with some energy and jam and don't mind mixing it up with scrums.

I miss the good old days with Bieksa, Burrows, Kesler

Those teams had some backbone and guys who dragged the team into the fight over the course of a long 82 game season.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, Roberts said:

they got a fortunate situation that lead them into the playoffs that year. im pretty sure they weren't doing super great before the season stopped.

@b3.but you're right, they've proved they can be a good team. it really feels like they are underperforming.

10 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

maybe if Petersson doesnt turn it around this season, we have to trade him next season for someone who we can rely on. I would keep Horvat, Miller, Hughes, Garland, Hoglander, Podkolzin, Demko and OEL. Just build around those guys and trade the rest. That is the last option if the new coach we hire doesnt work which would be anyday now. Its a matter of when Green gets fired not If.

Who's going to want Pettersson?