The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

FIRE Jim Benning & Travis Green Thread

Rate this topic

Sanford

Benning isn't going anywhere because FA refuses to admit that he made a mistake with his re-tool idea and thinking that Benning could pull it off. STOP GIVING THIS TEAM YOUR MONEY or else we're gonna be forced to watch a capped out team that trades picks/prospects but can't even make the playoffs for many more years

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Pearson                        Horvat                        Podkolzin

Boeser                          Peterson                    Garland

Motte                             JT                              Hoglander

________                     Dickinson                    ________

Myers                      OEL

Hughes                    Poolman

______                     _______

We are missing four players and they are all on the defensive side of the game.  That is not on the coach.   

They need two big solid defensive D men.  Players who can shut down the opposition and play the PK.  Maybe Woo is one?

The forth line needs two defensive forwards who know how to kill penalties. Sutter was to be one and Lockwood could be on his way. 

They are also missing depth. We have none. I mean "NONE" !

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Pearson                        Horvat                        Podkolzin

Boeser                          Peterson                    Garland

Motte                             JT                              Hoglander

________                     Dickinson                    ________

Myers                      OEL

Hughes                    Poolman

______                     _______

We are missing four players and they are all on the defensive side of the game.  That is not on the coach.   

They need two big solid defensive D men.  Players who can shut down the opposition and play the PK.  Maybe Woo is one?

The forth line needs two defensive forwards who know how to kill penalties. Sutter was to be one and Lockwood could be on his way. 

They are also missing depth. We have none. I mean "NONE" !

That's alright man, I've been told JB makes good on the 5th and 6th round picks he doesn't end up trading away. ;)

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Not sure why he'd want to uproot himself from Russia when his family is there.

... umm for a chance to make millions of dollars and run a team in the best league on the planet starting in a situation where there is pretty much nowhere to go but up for the team?  His kids are grown up now (and are all splitting time between Russia and America as they are American born and having careers that aren't confined to Russia) and he is comfortable on both continents with both languages.

Just now, Provost said:

... umm for a chance to make millions of dollars and run a team in the best league on the planet starting in a situation where there is pretty much nowhere to go but up for the team?  His kids are grown up now (and are all splitting time between Russia and America as they are American born and having careers that aren't confined to Russia) and he is comfortable on both continents with both languages.

Fair, but also staying in his home country where he's a legend has to have a lot of appeal.  I'd be happy to be wrong; he's a brilliant hockey mind and an absolute class act as well.

I'm tired of people characterizing Benning's tenure as "8 years of failure." We were a rebuilding team for much of that time, and he drafted really well. We have him to thank for Demko, Boeser, Pettersson, and Hughes; plus Podkolzin and Klimovich look like players. He has also made some savvy trades like the one for JT Miller. This team on paper is the best we've had since 2011. Our poor start is not on the GM, it's on the coach.

• Cheers 1

I really want to work for the Aquilini. I can be really miserable doing my job for 7 straight years but he will not fire me, instead also gives me a vote of confidence.

Other than working for the government, I do not think of any other jobs that would provide this kind of "job security"!

20 minutes ago, Nave said:

I'm tired of people characterizing Benning's tenure as "8 years of failure." We were a rebuilding team for much of that time, and he drafted really well. We have him to thank for Demko, Boeser, Pettersson, and Hughes; plus Podkolzin and Klimovich look like players. He has also made some savvy trades like the one for JT Miller. This team on paper is the best we've had since 2011. Our poor start is not on the GM, it's on the coach.

It is really hard to tell when he traded away draft picks every year to speed up the rebuilding. Other than the 6 players you name, which players do you think are ready to play in the big league, especially in the defense?

14 minutes ago, ey40 said:

It is really hard to tell when he traded away draft picks every year to speed up the rebuilding. Other than the 6 players you name, which players do you think are ready to play in the big league, especially in the defense?

Also look at the pk he built. It was awful looking at it. Not playoff caliber at all. That is also on Benning. Plenty of evidence to support that Motte and Sutter are always injured and can’t be relied on. Yet he ignores it and doesn’t bring in extra bodies to help in that area. He loves to go shop at the bottom of the barrel and take the leftovers.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

Everyone knows the definition of insanity expecting a different outcome with Green or Benning is insanity. Fans are sick and tired of seeing him behind the bench and his predictable facial expression whenever a penalty is called against. Everytime time I see this junior level coach what comes to mind is him eating a pizza and saying "this is good stuff". FIRE GREEN we are sick of your season letter saying this year blah blah blah will be different. HELLO ITS BEEN 7 fr****n years. Invest in a proper legit coach with a good win % and stop trying to hire someone you can control and are cheap.

• Vintage 1