The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Ducks | Nov 14 | 5 PM PT

Rate this topic

-SN-

I just laugh as honestly i don't really expect much else from us considering our 50+ year history as one of the worst sports franchises in the world results wise lol. Really don't see a light at the end of the tunnel as long as we focus being a "Good in the community" team over a winning team. The once a canuck, Always a canucks chaps my ass as it only results in hanging onto players till they no longer have value. That vision starts at the top.

Still find it hard to imagine aqua is shelling out 100+ million to watch what we are all seeing, And being totally OK with it?
Vegas was .500 early into the season the other year and changed coaches.

For me, I would "promote" JB to president only. After all these years we have never drafted soo many gems. Granted they all don't seem to have alot of chemistry together... But still players with lots of trade value found in the draft so thats a win on its own.  Find a new GM and coaches. 

I'm a little concerned a new GM would come in, And want to make big splash right away. Would You guys be OK with an aggressive guy with rutherford for example coming in here and making those deals we all puke at such as a 23 yo bb6 for a 28+ yo dman like dumba. OR flipping a young piece like hogs for a more " proven " talent? Throwing 1st's around at trade deadlines for a pearson type player?
That's the problem with a new guy coming in who has zero connection to any of our young core. 

With that being said, I would strongly consider doing an extreme re-tool if this season becomes a total wash. We have the type of value on the roster the rangers had when they decided to do a quick rebuild. It will never happen, But for fun i would attempt things such as :

EP for Barzal
BB6 + boner ++ for ekblad.

Even just flipping bb6 for picks and prospects, Then using those assets for a couple high end bottom 6 guys. Hogs and podz need to keep improving in order to make brock expandable though.

Before all the people who are emotionally attached to these guys come looking for my head on a stake, You need to trade value to get value. And i'm OK with that.

Sooner or later we need to decide who really is the core group. Can't keep every young guy. So far i'd say Huggy, Hogs and probably podz untouchable. EP must have no intention hitting the gym and not looking like a baby horse on skates with zero improvement after 3 years. As much skill as that kid has shown, If you can get a same age center that plays more like miller.. i would really look at it.

Hopefully people don't let this team effect them too much, It's not worth the mental stress. Happy sunday everyone :P

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Coach has to go.  

Bo Horvat, if he has any pull with the team will call a player's only meeting.  Better yet, OEL should call a player's only meeting and serve a slap to everyone in that room. 

1 minute ago, Chickenspear said:

you forgot to take into account that games are worth 2 points each

67g x 2 = 134p available.

I was just thinking about how it’s no post season this year. It just won’t happen. There is no indication this team could go on a nasty winning streak.

How many years of sucking do we have to go through?

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

Coach has to go.  

Bo Horvat, if he has any pull with the team will call a player's only meeting.  Better yet, OEL should call a player's only meeting and serve a slap to everyone in that room. 

And Demko gets a free kick to all their nuts.

• Like 1

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

Coach has to go.  

Don't think he ever called one since being a captain. Anyone recall? 

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I just laugh as honestly i don't really expect much else from us considering our 50+ year history as one of the worst sports franchises in the world results wise lol. Really don't see a light at the end of the tunnel as long as we focus being a "Good in the community" team over a winning team. The once a canuck, Always a canucks chaps my ass as it only results in hanging onto players till they no longer have value. That vision starts at the top.

Still find it hard to imagine aqua is shelling out 100+ million to watch what we are all seeing, And being totally OK with it?
Vegas was .500 early into the season the other year and changed coaches.

For me, I would "promote" JB to president only. After all these years we have never drafted soo many gems. Granted they all don't seem to have alot of chemistry together... But still players with lots of trade value found in the draft so thats a win on its own.  Find a new GM and coaches. 

I'm a little concerned a new GM would come in, And want to make big splash right away. Would You guys be OK with an aggressive guy with rutherford for example coming in here and making those deals we all puke at such as a 23 yo bb6 for a 28+ yo dman like dumba. OR flipping a young piece like hogs for a more " proven " talent? Throwing 1st's around at trade deadlines for a pearson type player?
That's the problem with a new guy coming in who has zero connection to any of our young core. 

With that being said, I would strongly consider doing an extreme re-tool if this season becomes a total wash. We have the type of value on the roster the rangers had when they decided to do a quick rebuild. It will never happen, But for fun i would attempt things such as :

EP for Barzal
BB6 + boner ++ for ekblad.

Even just flipping bb6 for picks and prospects, Then using those assets for a couple high end bottom 6 guys. Hogs and podz need to keep improving in order to make brock expandable though.

Before all the people who are emotionally attached to these guys come looking for my head on a stake, You need to trade value to get value. And i'm OK with that.

Sooner or later we need to decide who really is the core group. Can't keep every young guy. So far i'd say Huggy, Hogs and probably podz untouchable. EP must have no intention hitting the gym and not looking like a baby horse on skates with zero improvement after 3 years. As much skill as that kid has shown, If you can get a same age center that plays more like miller.. i would really look at it.

Hopefully people don't let this team effect them too much, It's not worth the mental stress. Happy sunday everyone :P

Barzal has struggled out the gate so far too. That would honestly be an amazing trade. 

Where tf has captain Horvat been during this skid? You have to ask yourself, is he really the guy that the team needs leading them through whatever comes next? Or do the Canucks need more heart and soul type leadership? He disappears for games on end than shows up and puts on a great performance then disappears again for 4 games. 

Trevor Linden was a great captain. Nicest guy off the ice, played a real hard clean game on it. He stuck up for his teammates, led by example. Who can forget the 2 goal effort in game 7 of the ‘94 SCF (with a severe rib injury) or hammering Jeff Norton through the glass the next year?

Edited by whcanuck
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Bring up Lockwood for a couple of games for the pk

It’s not a player personnel issue. We shouldn’t be looking at anyone to come save the day.

Step 1 you change the coach.

If that has no effect you start looking at replacing the GM and trading core players.

• Cheers 3