The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Chicago Blackhawks at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 21, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Yep, add another excuse as to why they won’t win. Hamonic missing. It will be a reason they use to keep everyone and won’t make changes because they didn’t always have a full lineup.

I would not be surprised if Benning caving and making an exception for Travis Hamo-notvaccinated probably pissed off some of the other players who were told they had to in order to play. 

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Lol. No you don’t, Travis no you don’t.

You already had a game like that in Detroit and you lost.

The amount of acceptance for losing from this coach is pathetic. They’ve set the bar so low.

Find a way to score a goal.  It’s about will.  Get the puck to the net and bang in a dirty one just find a way.

• Cheers 1

Good game. Happy with the effort and the lines were clicking way better than previous games. Good on Green for sticking with those lines too.

- PP looked not bad.

- PK was perfect.

- Fleury won the game for the Hawks.

The only complaint that I have is 6-on-5. At this point, Hughes to Petey one timer is probably the lowest percentage play to have with a man advantage.

How many times have we scored off of Pettersson one timer? A lucky goal that came off the board, off the goalie and in.

How many times have we set that play up? At least 100 times. 

Gotta move on to a higher percentage play at this point. I don't know what that is, but it's not Hughes to Pettersson one timer.

I would still set it up with Pettersson as a triggerman because that basically ties up one man onto Petey. But then, find a way to move the puck to other side and crash the net or something.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • RoughGame 1

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Bo sounds like Green. Yikes. 

Horvat was only a captain by example when he was trying to become captain.

I would rather see them give it to Miller even. At least Miller gives a &^@# sometimes.

The real leaders that are trying to drag the rest of the team out of their apathy are Hoglander, Podkolzin, Garland, and Demko. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Yeah? Well I've watched as many games as possible for 52 years and I'm still here. You think this is bad? You don't even know.

I think this is the worst era since they traded away Bure and floundered with messier and Keenan. 
  The thing is, this core is supposed to be entering its prime or at least improving... yet we seem to be hovering around the worst 5 teams in the league. We were supposed to be competitive, this just isn’t a very good situation. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, flat land fish said:

Find a way to score a goal.  It’s about will.  Get the puck to the net and bang in a dirty one just find a way.

The sad thing is the Hawks are one of the weakest teams defensively in the league and they shut us down in the third.

If the Hawks can shut us down, do you think there’s any chance against the actual good defensive teams in the league?

Clog up the neutral zone and forecheck hard on our D and our team falls apart.

Just now, Bure_of_94 said:

I think this is the worst era since they traded away Bure and floundered with messier and Keenan. 
  The thing is, this core is supposed to be entering its prime or at least improving... yet we seem to be hovering around the worst 5 teams in the league. We were supposed to be competitive, this just isn’t a very good situation. 

the year that fans were chanting for Bob Essensa to start was pretty bad

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 2