The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

4 hours ago, Provost said:

If we had Miller under club control for several more years at a reasonable cap hit I say sure.  If he is 5 years young I also say sure.

Neither of those things are the case though.

The pieces listed here could restock our pipeline for years as well as giving immediate help now.

I would probably weight it a little more in terms of “now” to make it clear to the room that our window is just opening and not several years from now.

Retain on Miller and up the return.

Schneider (help now)

K’Andre Miller (help now)

Kravtsov (help in the future)

Barron (help in the future)

2nd round pick (help in the future)

for 

Miller 50% retained

Poolman

Schenn

When is the last time an 8 person trade happened? lmao

Posters always do stuff like this. They start off with a good idea for a trade (Miller for...) then they add until it is completely silly haha. 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Eichel represented quite a risk to any team. Definitely hurt his value based on what he was traded for.

Miller puts up first line points, is signed to a great contract for two more years. Much less risk and fits the Rangers window which is wide open.

Schneider is the starting point for me. If they don’t wanna trade him look elsewhere. We’re not a team that needs to trade him, or even has a strong desire to unless it makes our team much better in the long run.

Not going to argue any of that. 
I agree fully.  
Just saying, they wouldnt include him in an Eichel trade.    The risk was there, but obviously Eichel still had tons of value.  
NY values Schneider that much is the point I think.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, D.B Cooper said:

I agree fully.  
Just saying, they wouldnt include him in an Eichel trade.    The risk was there, but obviously Eichel still had tons of value.  

We’ll take two Lafreniere’s then

4 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

I agree fully.  

Yep I have no doubt they do.

We value Miller though. They’ve gotta give up something great if they wanna get him.

Chytil and a 1st ain’t coming close to cutting it.

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, 70seven said:

Can’t the Canucks trade Ferlands LTIR contract, instead of absorbing cap?

Would cost them assets to move his contract.  Teams try and avoid LTIR contracts because it costs cap space, creates bonus overages and limits roster flexibility.

12 hours ago, Canuck Luck said:

When is the last time an 8 person trade happened? lmao

Posters always do stuff like this. They start off with a good idea for a trade (Miller for...) then they add until it is completely silly haha. 

701082876_99d_6-GO(1).jpg.34d0e120e6e65506c0510dbb659aa1d9.jpg

I get your point and I acknowledge that 3 of these pieces are picks. However this was technically an 8 person deal.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

701082876_99d_6-GO(1).jpg.34d0e120e6e65506c0510dbb659aa1d9.jpg

I get your point and I acknowledge that 3 of these pieces are picks. However this was technically an 8 person deal.

Funny thing is I don't even think that trade would work in NHL 22 lmao.  That's when you know you have  to give a GM credit.  GMJB deserves credit for that one.

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

I agree fully.  

Eichel was a huge unknown with injury, and the fact that he demanded to be traded. Not much leverage there. 

Miller is a top 20 player in the NHL who has a reasonable contract, who could be moved at the deadline when prices are higher.