The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

4 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

If we are talking about a JTM trade at least that is currently a fairly inflated asset after a career year so the “premiums” may balance out. 
We did pick Forsling as well, we just gave him away for nothing. 

Forsling took 8 years of pro hockey to develop and 3 different teams dude...and he's on a powerhouse team now as a bottom pair D.... better examples than him if you're trying to make a point

Edited by NucknAsia
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, NucknAsia said:

Forsling took 6 years to develop and 3 teams dude...and he's on a powerhouse team now as a bottom pair D.... better examples than him if you're trying to make a point

My only point was that he did have one more player of middling success that he drafted. Not trying to make anything more out of it than that.

Benning was terrible including at what he was supposed to be best at, drafting and developing. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, NucknAsia said:

Forsling took 6 years to develop and 3 teams dude...and he's on a powerhouse team now as a bottom pair D.... better examples than him if you're trying to make a point

Powerhouse is an understatement. They just can't ever beat Tampa so kinda unlucky. Offensively UNREAL this year. Interm coach almost wins Jack Adam's and they still go out and add Maurice! 

• Like 1

I don't care what we do, I have full faith in management this time.

But for what it's worth, If we do sign Miller Horvath ect.. Yall know you can trade these guys still eh lol. Everyone acts like once they sign you are locked down with zero options for 8 years. Not the case at all

• Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, NucknAsia said:

Forsling took 8 years of pro hockey to develop and 3 different teams dude...and he's on a powerhouse team now as a bottom pair D.... better examples than him if you're trying to make a point

Bottom pair D is an unfair assessment as Forsling was #3 on Florida in average ice time per game this season.

3 minutes ago, boziffous said:

Bottom pair D is an unfair assessment as Forsling was #3 on Florida in average ice time per game this season.

lots of injuries on FLA defense dude 

8 years to develop

3 teams

let 

it 

go

time

to 

move 

on

Edited by NucknAsia
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

He's worth nothing if he leaves as a UFA

Just curious, under what scenario do you think JT Miller will play this entire season, and JR/PA wouldn't move him at the TDL?  Even as a rental for a contender?

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Just curious, under what scenario do you think JT Miller will play this entire season, and JR/PA wouldn't move him at the TDL?  Even as a rental for a contender?

The scenario is this:

Miller plays the entire season with the Canucks.

Its pretty simple I think. JR/PA sign him long-term.

If you’re against that, well friend you’re always entitled to your own opinion.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Me_ said:

The scenario is this:

Miller plays the entire season with the Canucks.

Its pretty simple I think. JR/PA sign him long-term.

If you’re against that, well friend you’re always entitled to your own opinion.

That's what I mean...

If JT Miller is playing out the entire season, we will know 1 of 2 things:

1.  The Canucks are a legitimate playoff team and are as good as they looked under Boudreau last season -- re-sign Miller and consider the window open now

2.  The Canucks continue to be a bubble playoff team -- trade Miller at the TDL as a rental (standard return package = player, prospect, 1st)

There is literally no scenario where the Canucks would hang onto Miller past next year's TDL and just let him walk for nothing.  Yet some people are still spouting that garbage.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, KKnight said:

They would be stupid not to draft Wright, even though I think Slafkovsky might be the better player when all is said and done. Wright to Montreal is such good PR for them. 

In regards to PR I think drafting Slafkovsky would be far more telling than drafting the safe boring #1  that isn't much more than just the safe consensus pick

17 minutes ago, HKSR said:

That's what I mean...

If JT Miller is playing out the entire season, we will know 1 of 2 things:

1.  The Canucks are a legitimate playoff team and are as good as they looked under Boudreau last season -- re-sign Miller and consider the window open now

2.  The Canucks continue to be a bubble playoff team -- trade Miller at the TDL as a rental (standard return package = player, prospect, 1st)

There is literally no scenario where the Canucks would hang onto Miller past next year's TDL and just let him walk for nothing.  Yet some people are still spouting that garbage.

Um.  

Canucks did just exactly that with Markstrom and Tanev.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BPA said:

Um.  

That's a trend we need to end.  watching assets leave for nothing.  The amount of times we've been Tavares'd by assets we let go for nothing over the last decade is astonishing

5 minutes ago, BPA said:

Um.  

2020-21 was an odd season and you know it.  The trade deadline was early April.  Leading up to that, the Canucks had just won 8 of their previous 13 games and looked to be a solid playoff team.  It wasn't until the last 15 games of that season that things fell apart. 

My hunch is if the Canucks look like a solid team by December, Miller will be re-signed.

If the Canucks look like a bubble playoff team, he'll be traded.

I just don't see the Canucks holding on to Miller past the halfway point of next season without re-signing him.  If he's not re-signed by the TDL, they'll move him. 

JR/PA have said numerous times.  They have a number in mind.  If it doesn't work, then they'll trade him.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Worth noting that there are rumours that Hughes in Montreal is debating drafting Slafkovsky at pick #1.  That would leave Wright there at #2 for NJ which leaves him as a redundant piece.

At which point it is more feasible we see NJ trade that 2nd pick.  If that is what is going on the Canucks would be crazy to not then dangle pick 2 for a massive return as well.

I’m not so sure NJD trade that pick if that’s the case. They were one of the teams that asked Slafkovsky if he could play center. I think they value centers more at the top of the draft and that’s why they’re dangling Slafkovsky in the first place. If Wright fell to 2 I’m sure they’d much rather move Holtz+ then Wright. If the Canucks like Slafkovsky they should make the trade before the draft starts because if Montreal shocks the NHL you get Wright instead who is the more premium position prospect.

46 minutes ago, HKSR said:

PA doesn't move him and they try and get an extension at a reasonable cost through the season, then JT gets hurt before the tdl and leaves for nothing in the off season.  It's happened to Vancouver more than once

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

21 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I already mentioned, A&M record label ...became Universal overtime. 

Want to keep somewhat anonymous here on CDC so I'm not gonna mention the band name.  And, it was a lifetime ago. 

Anyone who lived in Van during the 90's will remember the great live music scene. I feel blessed to have been a part of it.  

Did not see your other post as I am not as active on here as I used to be. I am a fellow drummer and have recorded/toured quite a bit in the past hence, my questions.  Not trying to get personal, but curious since I have followed a fair amount of Canadian bands (Billy Talent, Hollerado, Yukon Blonde, Trews, Stills, etc.) even down here in the states.  I also know some Canadian bands thanks to my buddy Brad Lukowich (Kamploops boy) who I have coached with down here in Texas.  

Edited by Odjick29willkillyou
Addition
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Two deals I would make for JT Miller:

to Columbus:

Andrew Peeke

6th OA

To Pittsburgh, with us adding a 3rd.

Marino

Poulin

21st

Kapanens rights

I like the Pit deal, but think they would want Myers too.

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

PA doesn't move him and they try and get an extension at a reasonable cost through the season, then JT gets hurt before the tdl and leaves for nothing in the off season.  It's happened to Vancouver more than once

Yeah, him being healthy is no guarantee. He's been very durable for us thus far but hockey happens.

I think it's a legitimate concern that we hold onto him as a bubble team and miss. I think Rutherford is pretty sharp and knows when to be decisive, but weirder things have happened. 

• Vintage 1