The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

The high end hype in this thread is amazing,

It’s one thing to trade Miller with 1 yr remaining before UFA.

Its another to trade Miller to another team that is guaranteed/ signed him to an extension.

Those variables in his movement have to be clarified before the proper return takes place.

If he dosent sign his extension here,  I think he deservedly goes to UFA.

Probably traded for 2 bits, unsigned at the TDL.

Player and his agent has said they would like to resign here..  

Management has stated issue with “term or length of contract” not money.

I think this gets sorted and he stays.

MTC’s. after 3 years are the coverage , but Millers value to this organization should, I hope keep him a Canuck forever.

Boeser , if his game dosent come back to his projections will be traded after 2 years.

The worries over Miller getting injured are ridiculous,   Horvat has had 2 or 3 ,  Hughes, Petersson.. 

Why this fan base has a Love of its draft picks being “forever Canucks “ I don’t know..

Maybe the Canucks should set up a Kissing Booth in the Mezzanine for Charity.

I think I would rather find a deal with Miller than trade him, especially if they can find a reasonable balance between trade protection, length, and cap hit. Hoping that our group has just been really good keeping the news indoors and that all the rumours are relatively baseless.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I think I would rather find a deal with Miller than trade him, especially if they can find a reasonable balance between trade protection, length, and cap hit. Hoping that our group has just been really good keeping the news indoors and that all the rumours are relatively baseless.

I'm open to either; I just don't want to start the season with him still here and no extension in place.  The longer this goes on, the more pressure we are under to get a deal done.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

I’m not sure about Nils tbh. Pearson fits with those players and that role better than Hogs does so unless we move Pearson I think that’s how the 3rd line will look in that scenario. 

We know what Pearson's all about.  Solid, size pretty consistent 35-40 points BUT aging and has peaked, not a fast skater and not getting better.  I don't think he fits going forward.  He does have some value in a trade though. 

Höglander is quicker, younger, more potential and shows a great work ethic.  So he will progress. 

Question is, will he start the season in Abby to round out his defensive game.  That will dictate if they feel that Pearson stays or goes.  

In his presser that was just streamed live, Fitzgerald says that to trade 2nd overall it would take a player in the same age group as their pillars - he has been calling Hughes/Hischier their pillars for quite some time now.  He also says they have never had talks about trading Bratt.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

If the deal with the Rags is only a 2nd next year (likely low 50s or high 60s), Kakko and Lundqvist, I'd much rather work our an extension with Miller. Strong chance all 3 pieces end up busting.

You think they havent been trying?

I agree with some here, that it's a risk trading for Kakko. Just looking at his stats, really underwhelming, and I wonder if he's similar to another big, fast, high draft pick RW who once wore #18. 

I don't know a lot about Kakko in the NHL. How does he process the game? How is his 200-foot game?

5 minutes ago, mll said:

In his presser that was just streamed live, Fitzgerald says that to trade 2nd overall it would take a player in the same age group as their pillars - he has been calling Hughes/Hischier their pillars for quite some time now.  He also says they have never had talks about trading Bratt.  

de Brincat?

11 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Its hard to replace not just the skills of the player, but the overall presence that he carries with himself would be a huge blow to the team morale and chemistry. 

Miller's leadership and presence is the what this team will miss the most, above all the scoring, physicality, and versatility that he brings. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

I'm comfortable with Kakko and Schneider. No picks 

Worst case I'd take Schneider and 2023 1st (not protected)

I'm not accepting their scraps of Lundkvist and Chytil. We need quality assets not ones the Rangers don't want.

Rags can go pound sand if they don't want to give up Schneider. They have a short window to win with this core before their young players want healthy raises. They gave up a lot for Copp and now he's walking. They should have just paid the price for Miller and gotten two runs in with him. IMO if they had Miller they would have beat the Bolts. Rags appear to have been ok with giving up more for Copp than to acquire Miller which is a head scratcher.

Agree!

hoglander + miller for Kakko Schneider plus a pick next draft works for me 

Kakko gonna get burried behind boeser podz tho but gives him time to figure it out I guess 

Edited by R3aL

55 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

We’re not getting Schneider .2nd OA or Bratt.

Hate to be a Debbie Downer but I believe none of these assets are on the table.

Thats fine. That still leaves the likes of: Kappo Kakko, Brennan Othmann, Filip Chytil, Nils Lundqvist, Vitaly Kravstov and next years 1st rounder as options from the Rangers,

And: Dawson Mercer, Alexander Holtz, Nolan Foote, Kevin Bahl, Ty Smith, Pavel Zacha and next years first as potential options from the Devils. 

Thats of course not including: Martin Necas, Scott Morrow, Jack Drury, Ryan Suzuki, Jesperi Kotkaniemi, and their 1st next year as well from Carolina.

And thats only teams we know about. 

Edited by TmanVan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TmanVan said:

Thats fine. That still leaves the likes of: Kappo Kakko, Brennan Othmann, Filip Chytil, Nils Lundqvist, Vitaly Kravstov and next years 1st rounder as options from the Rangers,

And: Dawson Mercer, Alexander Holtz, Nolan Foote, Kevin Bahl, Ty Smith, Pavel Zacha and next years first as potential options from the Devils. 

Thats of course not including: Martin Necas, Scott Morrow, Jack Drury, Ryan Suzuki, Jesperi Kotkaniemi, and their 1st next year as well from Carolina.

And thats only teams we know about. 

Might be a shocker deal and it’s with the Canes for Kotkaniemi + Bear + Morrow. 

Guest on 650 saying the Canucks have made an 8 year deal offer to Miller.  That’s got to be 7 million x 8 years?  7.5 x 8 years?  Guy saying the Canucks are just waiting on Miller.  

Edited by Alflives
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

If the deal with the Rags is only a 2nd next year (likely low 50s or high 60s), Kakko and Lundqvist, I'd much rather work our an extension with Miller. Strong chance all 3 pieces end up busting.

I don't like that deal but realistically we could flip Lundkvist + 2nd for something decent

18 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

I'm comfortable with Kakko and Schneider. No picks 

Worst case I'd take Schneider and 2023 1st (not protected)

I'm not accepting their scraps of Lundkvist and Chytil. We need quality assets not ones the Rangers don't want.

Rags can go pound sand if they don't want to give up Schneider. They have a short window to win with this core before their young players want healthy raises. They gave up a lot for Copp and now he's walking. They should have just paid the price for Miller and gotten two runs in with him. IMO if they had Miller they would have beat the Bolts. Rags appear to have been ok with giving up more for Copp than to acquire Miller which is a head scratcher.

Exactly, Lundkvist and Chytil are a dime a dozen. Schneider's the one that's harder to acquire. 

K'Andre Miller and some picks would work too. 

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Guest on 650 saying the Canucks have made an 8 year deal offer to Miller.  That’s got to be 7 million x 8 years?  7.5 x 8 years?

Maybe hear something tonight? Hell if that doesn't get it done we'll have one of those "I have a trade to announce" and the sweet booos that fill the arena 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1