The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

Just now, mll said:

He has an NTC and hasn't not even started his new deal that was handed out by Lamoriello.  It's simply not logical that he would be available.

And we don’t want (or need) Dobson, so maybe this whole Miller deal to the Islanders at the draft is just a bunch of craperolla? 

4 minutes ago, mll said:

Bode Wilde maybe.

Pulock and Dobson are their only top-4 RDs and they are certainly not going anywhere.  Mayfield is a 3rd pairing D.

Lamoriello talked of adding 2 NHL Ds in the off-season.  They only got Romanov to play with Dobson but haven't added a 2nd one yet.  They only have 6 Ds projected for next season and might not be all that confident in Salo.

Myers + Garland for Pageau + ? 

Get ‘er done JR. :frantic:

3 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Why the assumption that we don't need or want Dobson? That's a little puzzling to me.

Dobson is an overrated offensively minded D, who struggles skating and playing without the puck, especially in his own zone.  Myers is a better fit for us, and at less money.  

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Myers + Garland for Pageau + ? 

Get ‘er done JR. :frantic:

Pageau is their C3.  Who plays there if they trade him?

Garland at this point of the season is a cap dump.  Also can't see any team trading for Miller taking back Garland, Pearson or whoever else.  These guys have term and would make it more challenging for Miller's new team to extend him.  

14 minutes ago, mll said:

Bode Wilde maybe.

Pulock and Dobson are their only top-4 RDs and they are certainly not going anywhere.  Mayfield is a 3rd pairing D.

Lamoriello talked of adding 2 NHL Ds in the off-season.  They only got Romanov to play with Dobson but haven't added a 2nd one yet.  They only have 6 Ds projected for next season and might not be all that confident in Salo.

No chance they would be asking for Wilde he has character issues and is a B prospect at best now.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Dobson is an overrated offensively minded D, who struggles skating and playing without the puck, especially in his own zone.  Myers is a better fit for us, and at less money.  

argh GIF

Good grief Alfie. I think you may have scratched your brain somehow.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, JM_ said:

wut? 

Do you really think every other GM doesn't know exactly what position the Canucks are in by looking at the roster? :lol:

Maybe you set unrealistic expectations for what a new staff can do in a few months, vs. them "looking stupid."

I didn't set any expectations, they are the ones that were the media saying what they were going to do. I think they would do well to play their card closer to their chest.

On 11/23/2021 at 2:35 AM, Podzilla said:

I’m gonna throw Podzilla under the bus with this poorly aged comment from November 2021 but also compliment him on starting this 1,000 plus thread.

Anthony Weiner Agree GIF

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, mll said:

Bode Wilde maybe.

I wouldn't even offer Rathbone for Wilde, let alone Miller.  If there was a trade in the works it was either for Pulock or Dobson.  Small chance it was Mayfield, but NYI would have had to add Wahlstrom plus their 2023 1st round pick.  Maybe the 2022 1st round pick was on the table along with Wahlstrom and Mayfield and that is where the deal died and Lou traded the pick for Romanov.

• Cheers 1