The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

John Scott is such a knob. He can't stand Petey...talked about work ethic?!?!  Dude, shut up. You coasted in to an all star game mostly as a joke and you likely are referring to YOUR work ethic. Punch guys and float around. Petey'll skate circles around your dumb ass.

Miller speaks so highly of Van/Bruce/etc. He also touched on "opportunity" driving his success...he was provided that here and elsewhere maybe he'd have to take more of a back seat. Something for him to think about.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

John Scott is such a knob. He can't stand Petey...talked about work ethic?!?!  Dude, shut up. You coasted in to an all star game mostly as a joke and you likely are referring to YOUR work ethic. Punch guys and float around. Petey'll skate circles around your dumb ass.

Miller speaks so highly of Van/Bruce/etc. He also touched on "opportunity" driving his success...he was provided that here and elsewhere maybe he'd have to take more of a back seat. Something for him to think about.

There's one thing he's thinking about and you can't fault him for it.  He's got a chance to set himself and future generations up for life

• Cheers 2

Just now, Locke Lamora said:

Glad I’m not the only one to think Scott came off as a bit of a Jack ass.

The disrespect for our management and the Sedins was over the top. Trying to make JT also feel unloved by not having his extension made me angry. Most former fighters are actually decent folks but not this retired ape.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

The disrespect for our management and the Sedins was over the top. Trying to make JT also feel unloved by not having his extension made me angry. Most former fighters are actually decent folks but not this retired ape.

Yep. 

Won’t be adding that particular pod to my regular listening rotation I can tell you that.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Muttley said:

This interview with JT Miller should not have been in this thread ! I put it in his ( J.T. Miller # 9 C/W ) Canucks current roster thread.  :angry:                   

Sorry JT police, I'll check in with you next time ;) 

11 hours ago, -DLC- said:

there's clearly mutual interest here between player and management. Just split the difference and get it done. 

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

1,101 pages. 

C’mon everyone, we can push this to 1,500 without any official Miller news. 

Technically Miller confirmed in that interview that they're "not close" and he "respects their vision" AKA: probably getting traded.

• Cheers 2

Just now, JM_ said:

there's clearly mutual interest here between player and management. Just split the difference and get it done. 

Difference too big. Neither side should concede. Miller's earned his pay day. The Canucks aren't in position to give it to him. Ergo...

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Technically Miller confirmed in that interview that they're "not close" and he "respects their vision" AKA: probably getting traded.

Can you quote what he said..."technically"? I don't recall hearing that part.

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

Can you quote what he said..."technically"? I don't recall hearing that part.

:bored:

12 hours ago, grandmaster said:

- we were going to negotiate an extension in the summer but no happy ground

- try to stay out of it and respect their vision

10 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Me too...pushing an agenda but clearly knows NOTHING about our team. At all. Has big opinions on them though. I, too, was really ticked at this guy's insinuations about the trade rumours (the media does this, NOT management). Acting like management somehow has disrespected him and pinning all the speculation out there on them. Wow, what a clown.  I will never listen to that crappy two bit podcast again.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

:bored:

Again....negotiations often are locked in like this until....they're not.

Context...if you listened to the entire interview you got a good sense that JT is excited about this team and where they're heading and would love to be here. There's a lot to consider for him (and his agent). Like the fact that, when asked about his current success, he accredited "opportunity" and the fact that he was given that chance here...wasn't/isn't always the case. It's not just cut and dry as you present it. This is all part of the dance that happens in negotiating and anyone jumping to conclusions on either side may be surprised in the end. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, JM_ said:

Well, JR said they're far apart and Miller says they're not close, so.............

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 1