The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

11 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Seems Rags fans are super hesitant to give away Othman and Cuylle and are set on just giving away Chytil/Kravtsov and Lundkvist.  But Othman, Cuylle, Schneider, Baron and Lafrenier are 100% off limits to the fan base.

So essentially Raymond, Ballard and a 3rd is what they are willing to offer up for anything.  

What would we expect to receive from trading Miller specifically to the Rangers (since that's where so much smoke is coming from)?

I read Larry Brooks opinion (Lunqvist and Chytil) and followed up with reading a Vancouver article saying that Lungvist and a 1st would be more realistic. Made me want to cry. If that's all we get for Miller I'd be super discouraged.

I want Kakko, Schneider and a 1st (in my rose-coloured dream world).

In the removing of rose-coloured glasses, what is actually realistic?

50 minutes ago, Putgolzin said:

What would we expect to receive from trading Miller specifically to the Rangers (since that's where so much smoke is coming from)?

I read Larry Brooks opinion (Lunqvist and Chytil) and followed up with reading a Vancouver article saying that Lungvist and a 1st would be more realistic. Made me want to cry. If that's all we get for Miller I'd be super discouraged.

Rutherford is sitting pretty as the TDL gets nearer. The NYR’s or other teams who want Miller will be bidding to get him. The Vancouver brain trust is experienced enough to understand what is needed for the team and how to evaluate the players being offered. Better yet experienced enough to know what and who to ask for. When was the last time this org wa dealing from such a position of strength? 

whether it is Miller or another player or players the Canucks have to be sellers. I think Rutherford’s mantra of younger and faster is bang on. Stay the course and make some deals JR!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

8 hours ago, khay said:

Should trade for an LD.

But for this season, we are stuck with 6RD. Just one of those dumb f*ckups from JB. Letting Edler walk without a player to replace him. 

To be fair, he replaced Edler with OEL. He did however fail to replace Juolevi when he crapped the bed, in his commitment and conditioning.

1 hour ago, Putgolzin said:

IMO... Chytil, Schneider and conditional 1st/2nd.

Or Chytil, Lundkvist, 1st and one or two of Othmann/Robertson/Barron.

If we're retaining, or adding Motte etc, add accordingly.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BabychStache said:

What did I just read?!

Buch is nowhere close to Miller level! Those Rags fans are out to lunch. 

All they want to offer is Kravtsov/Chytil or Lundkvist and a 2nd.  That's it.

But they're offering the vaunted 1st + schnieder/K Miller for newhook.

Apparently JT MIller is persona non grata in New York and not elite and Laf/Kakko are wildly more valuable than him.

When I pointed out he was 21st in league scoring and a 1b center on any team in the league, they crapped on it and said keep him then.

lol, then they offered Laf for Pettersson Hughes and a 1st

• Haha 3

If that is all they feel Miller is worth in NY, I literally then offer him to any other Metro team the rags will face in the 1st or 2nd round and take a comparable package out of spite.  Then watch Miller bounce them 2 years in a row

• Like 1

The best part I read on those NYR forums is that it sounds like Giroux wants to go West (Avs, Minny, or St Louis).  Now we just hope Pavelski is moved soon, and NYR will have nothing to work with other than to try and pry Miller from us.  The price would skyrocket then.

Just now, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Freidman mentioned Washington was a team to watch 

anyone have any info on there prospect system ? 

Any decent RHD? 

Quick google doesn't show many intriguing prospects  

Nothing other than Hendrix Lapierre... plus they're so hard against the cap that salary would have to be moved out.  Anybody with salary is also late 20s, early 30s, so they'd be a terrible trade partner. 

7 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Any decent RHD? 

Lorio isn't the worst.  2nd round rhd.  But honestly that's it.  It would have to be full picks period because there's nothing in their system we need.  Even Lapierre is questionable as a C because he's not a super thick kid and shoots left like all of our current forwards.

Edited by Warhippy

5 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Any decent RHD? 

They have a couple decent C prospects in McMichael and Lapierre, and Iorio (local kid) is their best right D and does fit the player style we're IMO looking for there.

None likely have the ultimate ceiling (or assured likelihood of being actual NHL players) of some of the team's players/prospects we're taking about from other teams though.

They'd certainly be riskier. That said, more teams in on bidding...

I would say the middle ground would be more like:

Kakko/Lundkvist/2nd

or

Kravtsov/Schneider/2nd

I would say any more and the Rangers balk, and any less and it likely doesn't make a ton of sense for us.

Edited by Kobayashi Maru
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Putgolzin said:

Satiar Shah thinks that Vancouver could accept Lundkvist, Kravtsov and a 1st if they're ready to move on from Miller.  

He was exchanging on twitter with some fans over potential packages.   He doesn't think NYR would part with Schneider, Lafrenière or Kakko and he's not certain that Vancouver feels either one has to be included.  

Arthur Staple says that the ask according to sources is the classic: pick, prospect and player.  He speculates that Lundkvist + 1st could be a start and maybe with a 3rd piece like a mid-round pick or young player equivalent.  He too doesn't seem to think that Schneider would be available.

16 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I would say the middle ground would be more like:

Kakko/Lundkvist/2nd

or

Kravtsov/Schneider/2nd

I would say any more and the Rangers balk, and any less and it likely doesn't make a ton of sense for us.

Honestly, I'd do either of these. I'd love a first, but won't fight tooth and nail if we're getting Kakko or Schneider. Kakko-Petey-Pod looks like a chef's kiss first line going forward, and Hughes-Schneider has potential to be one of the primer D pairings in the league.

• Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Apparently JT MIller is persona non grata in New York and not elite and Laf/Kakko are wildly more valuable than him.

When I pointed out he was 21st in league scoring and a 1b center on any team in the league, they crapped on it and said keep him then.

Lol they are delusional.

It is more like Laff+Kako for Hughes and even then I wouldn't move Hughes. 

5 minutes ago, mll said:

Satiar Shah thinks that Vancouver could accept Lundkvist, Kravtsov and a 1st if they're ready to move on from Miller.  

He was exchanging on twitter with some fans over potential packages.   He doesn't think NYR would part with Schneider, Lafrenière or Kakko and he's not certain that Vancouver feels either one has to be included.  

Arthur Staple says that the ask according to sources is the classic: pick, prospect and player.  He speculates that Lundkvist + 1st could be a start and maybe with a 3rd piece like a mid-round pick or young player equivalent.  He too doesn't seem to think that Schneider would be available.

Is Lundkvist that great a prospect? Sounds less than overwhelming to me??

And Kravtsov? Did he not flee... ala Tryamkin?

Please enlighten me??

• Vintage 1

52 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Any decent RHD? 

Not really any great ones they have a RHD picked in the 2nd round named Iorio and in his D+1 season has 26 points in 34 games. It’s good stats but he’s on a high scoring team so I’m not overly impressed points wise. They have good center prospects! You won’t get McMichael on their team now but maybe Lapierre and or Protas in a deal is a good get.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Is Lundkvist that great a prospect? Sounds less than overwhelming to me??

And Kravtsov? Did he not flee... ala Tryamkin?

Please enlighten me??

Nothing to be enlightened you’re pretty spot on. Both players will be NHL players (if Kravtsov comes back) but they have better prospects and if you’re moving Miller with term and possible retention your not shopping for B prospects.

• Thanks 1