The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

19 minutes ago, gurn said:

They used to have a video screen  with info that Ron could see, but located it in a really strange spot.

I had seen this before and wasn't going to watch it.  But, laughed myself silly once again.  "He's a Crotch Watcher!"  hahahahahah

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

I'm confused; JR is the old boys club, don't you think?  Or is it just that I truly hope so?

I would say yes, Rutherford is/was 'old boys club' but he seems to have acknowledged,  by his actions,  that he's aware of that and readily willing to change.   Whether the old boys club is gonna revoke his membership because of this, you'll have to ask them?

29 minutes ago, John McClane said:

Had a dream last night that the Canucks did a 3 way trade with Arz and NYR.

NYR get : Miller

ARZ get : Kakko, Schneider, Garland

Van get : pick #27 pick #32 pick#34 and Chychrun

Dreams are fun. 

I'd rather the AZ return and keep Garland.  Kakko, Schneider +Chytil or Kravtsof

That late 1st  + 2nd rounders could end up bottom 6 FW or 3rd pairing D (or even not making the NHL).  Canucks

end up with a certain 1st pairing left shot dman, which the team already has at least 1 and then there's OEL

and who knows how Ratthbone will do in the coming years.  The draft pics are any good will also be years

away from having any impact on the team.

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

I would say yes, Rutherford is/was 'old boys club' but he seems to have acknowledged,  by his actions,  that he's aware of that and readily willing to change.   Whether the old boys club is gonna revoke his membership because of this, you'll have to ask them?

Oh Marchand!  I don't have the connections to ask them.

Pretty sure though, and yet I am still guessing, that you're either in the club, or _____ (enter your fave here).

A mix of the old boys' club and the new inclusive (what do they call it? hive mind?) ? I'm in too.

My p2 level sources say that a trade was going to be done today… but Allvin has been spending too much time trying to patiently explain to the other teams that the Canucks don’t just automatically add 2nd round picks to each trade anymore.

It should be sorted tomorrow, and likely a smaller deal to set things up first.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

My p2 level sources say that a trade was going to be done today… but Allvin has been spending too much time trying to patiently explain to the other teams that the Canucks don’t just automatically add 2nd round picks to each trade anymore.

It should be sorted tomorrow, and likely a smaller deal to set things up first.

I've been thinking about firing up a #MustardSports as it's not hard to do what daliwal does. With that said @MustardSport is hearing the same thing :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Gotta say that dude on the radio, Sat, he has good perspective.

JT is a better player than Bo. That's just the truth. 

So depending on the numbers and term, either should/could be considered for a trade. If a trade has to be made at all, which I dont believe it does.

Also who started all this hub bub in that last 24hrs ? Someone said a statement would be made about JT or something?

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I've been thinking about firing up a #MustardSports as it's not hard to do what daliwal does. With that said @MustardSport is hearing the same thing :ph34r:

I can be the Okanagan corespondent.  I live near Ken Holland and a bunch of NHLers live here in the offseason and in retirement!

I am pretty good at inventing vague but slightly tantalizing statements.  I demand at least $0.02 cents per view of my posts, which is why it will be called “Provost’s Two Cents Worth”.  I will throw in random old man rants when hockey news is slow.  “What is the deal with open face sandwiches!  They aren’t god damn sandwiches!”

Edited by Provost
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Shayster007 said:

To a degree, sure. The NHL is clearly an old boys club, you can see that when coaches get traded between teams without nearly enough influence from new minds. That still doesn't change the fact that the overwhelming majority of us can't hold a candle to professionals.

It's totally an old boys club I mean wtf it's only a payroll of $80M per team is and a $2B business?

I manage that $hit in my sleep.

12 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Gotta say that dude on the radio, Sat, he has good perspective.

JT is a better player than Bo. That's just the truth. 

So depending on the number and term, either should/could be considered for a trade. If a trade has to be made at all, which I dont believe is does.

Also who started all this hub bub in that last 24hrs ? Someone said a statement would be made about JT or something?

Well if Satiar Shaw doesn’t understand age related decline, he should be off the air.  Giving Bo an 8 year deal that expires when he is 35 is different than giving Miller an 8 year deal that expires when he is 38.

Also, Horvat has had comparable numbers to Miller at the same ages… it is just Miller’s one most recent season that sets him apart and Horvat still has a couple more years to have one of those (which might happen if he was playing on the first line with top wingers rather than just whatever scrub is thrown at him for a few games.

Also, Sat may be the worst interviewer on the planet.  He asks a question, answers it a bunch of different ways himself and then, ends up phrasing it in a way where the person he is interviewing dns not answer with a yes or no.

Edited by Provost
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Provost said:

Well if Satiar Shaw doesn’t understand age related decline, he shooed he off the air.  Giving Bo an 8 year deal that expires when he is 35 is different than giving Miller an 8 year deal that expires when he is 38.

Also, Sat may be the worst interviewer on the planet.  He asks a question, answers it a bunch of different ways himself and then, ends up phrasing it in a way where the person he is interviewing dns not answer with a yes or no.

Term and numbers. Sat understood that. 

He just thinks Bo should be in the 6-6.5 range. He likes Bo. He was also just was pointing out the truth. JT is a better player.

I don't listen to sports radio much so i can't speak on his interviews.

Wouldn't Bo's potential 8 year term kick in after next year? so that would put him at 36 at the end of it. 

Edit:

Saw that you edited your post after I responded.

That dude you love, Sat, mentioned that 50% of Bo's goals in the last 3 years are on the PP.

I believe in this last year at least the man setting him up for those goals on the PP was none other than.....take a guess

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Provost said:

“What is the deal with open face sandwiches!  They aren’t god damn sandwiches!”

" Why am I being charged full price, when one piece of bread is bloody well missing!?"

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

NJD doesnt make that much sense to me as they dont get the extreme value from the low cap hit this year as they aren't against the cap. They seem like they would benefit more from signing big name UFA then pay our high price. 

Pitching the NJD and NYR against each other is kind of fun though...