The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

17 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Term and numbers. Sat understood that. 

He just thinks Bo should be in the 6-6.5 range. He likes Bo. He was also just was pointing out the truth. JT is a better player.

I don't listen to sports radio much so i can't speak on his interviews.

Wouldn't Bo's potential 8 year term kick in after next year? so that would put him at 36 at the end of it. 

Edit:

Saw that you edited your post after I responded.

That dude you love, Sat, mentioned that 50% of Bo's goals in the last 3 years are on the PP.

I believe in this last year at least the man setting him up for those goals on the PP was none other than.....take a guess

Miller?  So we should trade Bo and Miller?  

If Bo demands over 6.5 (and won’t come off that number) then I hope JR gets the best deal out there. 

Max cap for Bo is 6.5

Max cap for Miller is 7.75

NO MAS! 

• Huggy Bear 1

23 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Term and numbers. Sat understood that. 

He just thinks Bo should be in the 6-6.5 range. He likes Bo. He was also just was pointing out the truth. JT is a better player.

I don't listen to sports radio much so i can't speak on his interviews.

Wouldn't Bo's potential 8 year term kick in after next year? so that would put him at 36 at the end of it. 

Edit:

Saw that you edited your post after I responded.

That dude you love, Sat, mentioned that 50% of Bo's goals in the last 3 years are on the PP.

I believe in this last year at least the man setting him up for those goals on the PP was none other than.....take a guess

We have no clue when bo and JT will be finished their good yrs ..everybodys different bo might be done in 6 yrs at 33 miller could be done in 6 yrs at 35..no one knows for sure ..

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

46 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Would be tough to draft him without a 1st or 2nd 

Alf’s deal was a swap of 1sts.

EDIT: must be a 1st in ‘22 from the Rags otherwise no deal.

Edited by Me_

27 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Jesus CDC...like 10 pages today of nonsense, and even worse, Drance-talk! Don't you people have &^@#ing jobs/hobbies? :lol:

This thread could easily be moved over to white noise at this point 

• Haha 1

Seems like we have almost every team in the Metropolitan interested in Miller.

Gotta drive that bidding war up and be patient. One of them will pay the price if it means keeping him from a divisional rival.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Alf’s deal was a swap of 1sts.

EDIT: must be a 1st in ‘22 from the Rags otherwise no deal.

Having 2 first round picks in '23, which is supposed to be both deeper and higher end players available than this year,  maybe wouldn't be such a bad idea?  Could keep the picks and/or use them to secure an unprotected higher pick from someone perhaps?  People can't say the lure of getting the next Crosby isn't enticing. 

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Having 2 first round picks in '23, which is supposed to be both deeper and higher end players available than this year,  maybe wouldn't be such a bad idea?  Could keep the picks and/or use them to secure an unprotected higher pick from someone perhaps?  People can't say the lure of getting the next Crosby isn't enticing. 

Perhaps indeed…

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Seems like we have almost every team in the Metropolitan interested in Miller.

Gotta drive that bidding war up and be patient. One of them will pay the price if it means keeping him from a divisional rival.

thats a good point, you have to think Rutherford is enjoying stirring the pot in his old division. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, higgyfan said:

I think the team management are taking their time to do their 'due diligence' with the Miller situation.  They know that

there are a lot of fans that will be unhappy if Miller is traded.  They would certainly want to at least 'appear' that

they did their best to sign him, but just couldn't manage the required $/term.

On the other hand, there will be fans that won't think the trade return for Miller is enough and that will cause a great

deal of whining.

A no-win for Canucks management? 

At least we'd be in familiar territory?

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, Jester13 said:

The argument of "he's never played the game" is a terrible one, as if simply playing the game gives more clout to someone's analysis/ opinion/argument.

It's like crappy parents thinking they know how to properly raise children simply because they have kids. 

So let me get this straight. Actual hockey experience is meaningless?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

I’m vaxxed but don’t feel like someone that was uncomfortable receiving the vaccine is a nut job, there is still a lot of unknowns around it so I’m not judging someone’s character on a stance they took with their rights 

But when everyone else on your squad gets the jab and you do not, it speaks to selfishness on a large level. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

if Miller is going to be moved, the draft is likely the best time but mgmt needs to hold out for the best deal. Miller contract is solid and with 50% retained could potentially bring back more at the TDL (risk of injury needs to be considered, etc). No reason they can't focus on moving out some other players this summer to reduce cap.