The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Not a crazy idea, especially if we can negotiate a half-reasonable extension for Weegar. He's a top 10 defenseman in the league--even better than Hughes, I'd argue.

85 giveaways in 80 GP this years ranks him 4th worst behind Petry, Burns and Klingberg. 

Miller worth more to our franchise imho

8 minutes ago, -SN- said:

You're putting way too much value on one player. 

If that's the state of the team, where losing one player is catastrophic, then it's best to start over.  Personally, I think they'd still be a playoff bubble team with our Miller

There better be something good today. If not a JT-trade, then don’t trade down at least. The draft starts at 02.00 am my time here in Finland and I’ll crash and burn if we don’t draft at 15. #redbull

1 minute ago, Spoosh said:

There better be something good today. If not a JT-trade, then don’t trade down at least. The draft starts at 02.00 am my time here in Finland and I’ll crash and burn if we don’t draft at 15. #redbull

The dropoff between 15 and 30 is really small.  If we can get another young asset, I'd be pretty happy to trade down.

• Vintage 1

Apparently we’re looking to make room for JTM’s future salary…

UPDATED - Ottawa is talking to Vancouver about D Tyler Myers. He has a 10 team list as part of his NTC. Myers has 2 years left on his deal at 6M AAV. He's 32 years old and a RD. The Canucks are looking to shed dollars on their payroll for JT Miller. Ottawa would most likely have to include a 1st round pick in 2023 plus a defensive prospect I'm told. More to come.....

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, EB43 said:

Start to feel like we got another gm afraid to pull the trigger, commence panic mode. 

Why? Draft hasn’t even started. Draft day trades tend to happen on the draft floor, during the draft. Just because the “insiders” haven’t laid JRs plans out?

15 minutes ago, tas said:

except that this team is an empty husk without miller, regardless of the pieces they add. 

What does this say about the young core we're supposedly building around if true?

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

UPDATED - Ottawa is talking to Vancouver about D Tyler Myers. He has a 10 team list as part of his NTC. Myers has 2 years left on his deal at 6M AAV. He's 32 years old and a RD. The Canucks are looking to shed dollars on their payroll for JT Miller. Ottawa would most likely have to include a 1st round pick in 2023 plus a defensive prospect I'm told. More to come.....

What is the source?

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Ottawa 2023 1st and Bernard-Docker fot Myers and Rathbone  would get a statue of JR.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

lol wut

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

If we can get an OTTAWA first round pick for Tyler freaking Myers.. you do that 10 times out of 10. No way we get a 2023 1st in my opinion, but you never know.

Ottawa seems to want to improve overnight and push for the playoffs.