The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

2 hours ago, Darius said:

Hard to take some of these perspectives seriously....now we have different tiers of goals, some count, some dont count, some count a little less than others.  These experts should go after Gretzky's records...remove all the empty net goals, pp goals, tap in goals., or at least weigh them differently..Ovechkin wont be that far behind...oh wait, hes got a tonne of those too.

Then I read Lammikko can replace Boeser, but i suppose thats not as far fetched as Lammy being able to replace Horvat as was being postulated earlier this year.

Yeah, time to go back to the patio and have a beer...or two...lol

You don't got CDC on the patio?

Dude!?!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I never said replace..  but take Boeser off the pp ,.  And his goal totals are around 17 goals.

And Boeser has never scored 30 goals,.  But the total of his goals relies heavily on the pp.

Take Boeser off the pp and his goal totals drop almost 50 %.

like I said. Give anyone that same opportunity and you might be surprised.

I bet if the coach didn't play boeser at all he wouldn't score any goals. 

Let's strap some skates on you, put you on the 1st pp unit, and collectively enjoy watching you realize how impressive 11 pp goals are. 

Look up how many pp goals the avalanche got. Turns out it's important. 

11 goals is 22nd in the league for pp goals. A guy thay plays most of the pp behind the net got 11... that's amazing. 

Mcd got 10.

Your theory: Lamikko would get more pp goals than mcd.

Edited by Nucklefuts
  • Cheers 1

On 6/29/2022 at 7:19 PM, Nucklefuts said:

Which other player on the team given the opportunity will score 30 in 82 who didn't last year?

I can't wait for this. 

You asked this simple question and I gave you a simple answer.

Lammikko had15 points last season,  give him the pp time BB has had are you saying Lammikko wouldn’t score?

Two totally different players but Lammikko isn’t afraid to go to the net,  nor would he wait like a telegraph pole for an excellent pass to shoot.

Kuzmenko,   I think will highly out perform Brock,.  Watching a lot of tape on Kuz,  he loses D men behind the net and looks to see who’s open..  put him on the pp,  and he is straight to the net after that move.

Seems you think BBis irreplaceable or something?

far from it….   Wouldn’t be surprised if he does what Dubois is speculated to do.

Edited by SilentSam

17 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

PP goals are equally as important as Even strength goals, this is such a lame argument. 

Not all teams feel that way when it comes to assessing production for contracts or comparing players across teams.   Analytics typically look at 5v5 or EV play.

In Philadelphia, Schenn had excellent PP numbers but had mediocre production at 5v5 and Hextall wasn't comfortable paying him a contract off PP production.  Was pretty much the reason he got traded to STL. 

PP production is more system dependent and role.  It's often unreasonable to expect the same production on PP2 vs playing on PP1.   Not all players get the PP opportunity either.