The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov 24, 2021 4 PM PDT | Normal GDT Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

41 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Could not care less what boeser has to say.  Everyone including the other team knows the play you are looking for, thats why you turn the puck over so frikin much.

Ditto: Green getting outcoached - again.  Just look at Chicago's record ever since there coaching change (as a more, recent example); and ofcourse, it will come down to who gets hired to replace Green & friends; and IF, THE STAFF CLICKS, WITH THE PLAYERS.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Could not care less what boeser has to say.  Everyone including the other team knows the play you are looking for, thats why you turn the puck over so frikin much.

Seriously... maybe stop "looking for the play" you want, and just get the puck to the net?? Not to mention your shot is 10x better than your playmaking ability Boes.. stop thinking about "Petey on the other side".. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, 'NucK™ said:

I honestly don't even care enough at this point to even bother speculating lol... but yes, definitely possible, and "maintenance day" is probably the exact excuse they would use.

Ordinarily I’d agree, but it’s not Miller’s first maintenance day this season. He’s had multiple because he gives his all in every game.

• Cheers 1

19 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

Come on Pitts give these Canucks a whopping. We need to lose 7 nothing for next 5 games straight. 

I was thinking this way a little while ago. We then got blown out three times in a row and Green somehow still has a job.

Now Miller is likely to be moved while Green, King, Baumer, Benning and Weisbrod are all still here. Boeser likely on the chopping block next.

No matter what happens in the next several games, the festering tumor that is Green, Baumer, King, Benning and Weisbrod will remain.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I was thinking this way a little while ago. We then got blown out three times in a row and Green somehow still has a job.

Now Miller is likely to be moved while Green, King, Baumer, Benning and Weisbrod are all still here. Boeser likely on the chopping block next.

No matter what happens in the next several games, the festering tumor that is Green, Baumer, King, Benning and Weisbrod will remain.

Boggles the mind how after years of failure and a complete change over of players, management and ownership see the players as the problem.   Benning one of the longest serving gm's in canuck history with the worst record.  Aquaman should stick to real estate in a  no-brainer market and stop pretending he has a fucming clue how a pro sports team should be run. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Interesting how the Green apologists all pick one player who didn't perform to defend Green.  Who has progressed under Green?  How many accomplished vets have struggled under Green?  How has the team performed under Green despite an almost 100% turnover in personnel? 

Funny. I was calling for Green to be fired early last year. Kinda made yourself look dumb there.

32 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

I honestly don't even care enough at this point to even bother speculating lol... but yes, definitely possible, and "maintenance day" is probably the exact excuse they would use.

Sadly, a desperation trade seems inevitable, with a good chance, the acquired player(s) will underperform under Greens' tutelage.  Imo, cheaper to keep a player with Millers' calibre than re acquiring a similar player - unless, ofcourse the Canucks pick top 3 in this loaded draft.

I'm digging the practice lines for today. Chaisson on 4th line, Podz with Garland and Petey.  Motte with Horvat! Green is either having some kind of freaky Friday scenario with an actual NHL coach or perhaps old dogs CAN learn new tricks....

No, definitely a Freaky Friday type deal.

50 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Funny. I was calling for Green to be fired early last year. Kinda made yourself look dumb there.

You introduced an argument that indicated Green was not a contributing factor in JV's failure.  You got the response your post deserved. 

Edited by DIBdaQUIB
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

We've seen this before from other teams. Keep the guy being traded off the ice, though it does seem a possibility Millsy plays tonight.