The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Edit)(Disscussion) Evander Kane UFA / Contract Termination Investigated

SilentSam

VAN

Kane

SJS

7th conditional pick ‘22

(contingent on Kane entering a guidance program and seeing it through)

50% salary retainment

(not sure of the Canucks could do that as they’re retaining on OEL)

The maximum retention % is 50%. Teams can only carry a maximum of 3 Retained Salaries at a time. An individual contract can only have a maximum of 2 teams retaining salary on it. The maximum amount of retained salary by a team is 15% of the Salary Cap for the current year”

22 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Who’s the baddest? Kane or Virtanen?

I mean as much as Kane has had his fair share of issues, he hasn’t been accused of alleged sexual assault/rape by many women. Again, nothings been proved in court obviously but yeah, rather take the guy not accused of that and is somewhat more likely to play in the NHL in this moment of the time.

14 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I mean as much as Kane has had his fair share of issues, he hasn’t been accused of alleged sexual assault/rape by many women. Again, nothings been proved in court obviously but yeah, rather take the guy not accused of that and is somewhat more likely to play in the NHL in this moment of the time.

Ummmm..shouldn't one be too many? 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

4 minutes ago, Me_ said:

So has Kane or has Kane not, gotten into such allegations?

just with his estranged wife that im aware of. but who knows! she been doing nothing but trying to sabotage his life and career. its a touchy subject for sure. I mean id give him a go with 50% salary retained! but id also throw Myers in that equation. if were gonna take Kane. lolol

Whatever Kane’s off ice issues are what they are. Doesn’t sound good. The biggest negative is the judgement of his team mates. Jets, Sabres and Sharks are all negative. To the extent that many refused to play with him anymore. It becomes obvious that he cannot:/will not change. 

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Me_ said:

He has, by his wife but it seems those particular charges are dropped I think. Either way, I was just pointing out the ridiculousness of the statement that Kane hasn't had MANY sexual assault charges. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

13 hours ago, Me_ said:

13 hours ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

just with his estranged wife that im aware of. but who knows! she been doing nothing but trying to sabotage his life and career. its a touchy subject for sure. I mean id give him a go with 50% salary retained! but id also throw Myers in that equation. if were gonna take Kane. lolol

18 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

He has, by his wife but it seems those particular charges are dropped I think. Either way, I was just pointing out the ridiculousness of the statement that Kane hasn't had MANY sexual assault charges. 

Not just the ex wife:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sabres-evander-kane-sued-assault-allegations/

"

BUFFALO, N.Y. — A 21-year-old Buffalo woman has sued Sabres forward Evander Kane, saying he seriously injured her in the hotel room where he lives.

Documents filed July 1 in Erie County State Supreme Court on behalf of Rachel Kuechle say Kane met her in a bar, invited her to what he said was a party and then attacked her, causing cuts and bleeding that required multiple surgeries. Without providing details of how she was injured, her lawyers said Kuechle suffered "serious emotional trauma" and "serious, permanent and painful personal injuries."

Kane’s actions are described as "unwanted, unconsented to, violent and offensive in nature physical battery," according to court papers.

No monetary damages were specified in the lawsuit. A message left for Kuechle’s lawyer wasn’t immediately returned.

Kane had been cleared in March of any criminal charges after authorities investigated the Dec. 27 encounter initially described as a possible sexual assault."   

Plus:

"

Kane pleaded not guilty Monday to non-criminal harassment, disorderly conduct and trespass stemming from an unrelated incident at a bar on June 24.

In that case, Kane is accused of grabbing three women inside Bottoms Up, a Buffalo nightclub. A male bar employee said he also had a run-in with the NHL player.

Paul Cambria, Kanes lawyer, said those allegations were "extremely exaggerated" and his client "denies strenuously any wrongdoing."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've said it before and will here again-If the Canucks pick this lowlife up as a player; I will find another team to root for.

PS. This link was just the first that popped up when I typed "evander kane sexual assault charges" into Bing search engine

There were another 25,600 stories available to be read.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

2 hours ago, gurn said:

Not just the ex wife:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sabres-evander-kane-sued-assault-allegations/

"

BUFFALO, N.Y. — A 21-year-old Buffalo woman has sued Sabres forward Evander Kane, saying he seriously injured her in the hotel room where he lives.

Documents filed July 1 in Erie County State Supreme Court on behalf of Rachel Kuechle say Kane met her in a bar, invited her to what he said was a party and then attacked her, causing cuts and bleeding that required multiple surgeries. Without providing details of how she was injured, her lawyers said Kuechle suffered "serious emotional trauma" and "serious, permanent and painful personal injuries."

Kane’s actions are described as "unwanted, unconsented to, violent and offensive in nature physical battery," according to court papers.

No monetary damages were specified in the lawsuit. A message left for Kuechle’s lawyer wasn’t immediately returned.

Kane had been cleared in March of any criminal charges after authorities investigated the Dec. 27 encounter initially described as a possible sexual assault."   

Plus:

"

Kane pleaded not guilty Monday to non-criminal harassment, disorderly conduct and trespass stemming from an unrelated incident at a bar on June 24.

In that case, Kane is accused of grabbing three women inside Bottoms Up, a Buffalo nightclub. A male bar employee said he also had a run-in with the NHL player.

Paul Cambria, Kanes lawyer, said those allegations were "extremely exaggerated" and his client "denies strenuously any wrongdoing."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've said it before and will here again-If the Canucks pick this lowlife up as a player; I will find another team to root for.

PS. This link was just the first that popped up when I typed "evander kane sexual assault charges" into Bing search engine

There were another 25,600 stories available to be read.

What a mess of a human being.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

It would just show how desperate the Canucks are if they made a move for Kane, I don’t care if the Sharks were able to retain 100% I wouldn’t take him. If the rumours are true and it’s a fractured locker room then why add its biggest cancer? Avoid him like the plague. It would be such a Jim Benning move to bring him in though. What a scary time to be a Canucks fan

18 minutes ago, Marv-the-wet-bandit said:

It would just show how desperate the Canucks are if they made a move for Kane, I don’t care if the Sharks were able to retain 100% I wouldn’t take him. If the rumours are true and it’s a fractured locker room then why add its biggest cancer? Avoid him like the plague. It would be such a Jim Benning move to bring him in though. What a scary time to be a Canucks fan

What has Benning done to suggest character isn't important?  I want him fired too, but this isn't the type of person he'll take a chance on.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

What has Benning done to suggest character isn't important?  I want him fired too, but this isn't the type of person he'll take a chance on.

I didn’t mean that he brings garbage personalities in, I meant he makes moves that are short sighted and out of desperation. That’s why I said it would be a Jim Benning move

Evander Kane's long awaited decision on his divorce case concluded on Wednesday in Santa Clara County family court, and it seems that Kane may actually be in the right for this instance. 

According to senior reporter A.J. Perez of Front Office Sports, the judge of Kane's divorce case has ordered his estranged wife, Anna Kane, to undergo a psychological evaluation. With this, Evander will remain the custodial parent of their 16-month-old daughter. 

Anna's attorney reportedly was denied by the judge to ask Evander about two pending lawsuits involving him. One in Los Angeles Court, where a woman has alleged that Kane didn't pay $3 million as promised to have an abortion, and the other in Erie County (NY), where Kane was accused of sexual assault. 

Kane was recently shocked that Anna had terminated a pregnancy without telling him. 

«I didn't want to believe it. It was our team trainer who asked if I saw what was in the paperwork. I didn't know the medical code was for an abortion.» 

It seems that some of the fogginess of Kane's home-life has cleared up, but his hockey future isn't quite as clear. 

Kane explained to the court that he currently has no plans on traveling with the San Jose Barracuda, the Sharks' AHL affiliate. 

«I am not going to Canada (with the Barracuda). I will not be playing. I have a very unique plan with my team and my agent,» Kane stated. 

Although the specifications of that unique plan have yet to be released, it seems likely that Kane will never play another game in a San Jose Sharks uniform. The team and his agent are currently working to find a trade option as soon as they possibly can, and then maybe this saga can end.