The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The People have spoken - 94% of thousands polled - Do Not Trust Jim B !

Rate this topic

RU SERIOUS

This about says it all.  Todays poll on Donnie & Dhali show, showing nearly everyone does not trust Jim B.    In most "Normal" situations, losing the entire fan base' confidence should be the end of him. 

What do you think? Are 94% of "The People" wrong ?

c1TeEnBO_normal.jpg

Our poll question: Do you trust Jim Benning to make a major trade right now? Personal computer Email: TheTeam @ Chekmedia dot ca Mobile phone Text: 604-200-9494
  •  
    Yes
    6.5%
  •  
    No
    93.5%
5,269 votes·Final results

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Upvote 1

• RU SERIOUS changed the title to The People have spoken - 94% of thousands polled - Do Not Trust Jim B !

Lol.  If we are going to do this then might as well correct a huge mistake from the 90's and kill the orca.    Even with all the success the Sedins had, players and fans would rather see us playing with a plate of spaghetti.   In other words don't get your hopes up too much.   And that was a much larger sample size, polls of over 10k fans ... still the old uniforms not this joke of a thread.   100% of the fans just want us to win a cup.    1/32 chances we have the management, coaching, and players to make that happen.    Still waiting.  

43 minutes ago, PLOGUE said:

I wouldn't trust Benning to pick his hair dye let alone make any moves involving players. Fire the coach and see how this team can actually play.

Why would you say that?  :D

I still laugh at the Ferraro reactions after that draft.

https://twitter.com/OverDrive1050/status/1011388000171851776?s=20

cut.jpg

Edited by Provost

9 minutes ago, Provost said:

Why would you say that?  :D

I still laugh at the Ferraro reactions after that draft.

https://twitter.com/OverDrive1050/status/1011388000171851776?s=20

cut.jpg

On this photo JB looks like Leonid Breznev. At least the hear style. At the end of his 18 years on the top of USSR , Leonid Breznev had no idea what the f@## he was doing. JB is only in  his 8-th year , but he's already reached that point.

Leonid Breznev.jpg

• Haha 2

It's to the point that I'd like to see this forum just create one super thread "Canucks 21/22 Season troubles"

I think that the majority of us here could quickly agree on a short statement of shared facts

- this season is bad

- the owners wint be .making staff changes at this time

- the players are frustrated 

- Greens post game interviews can be pre taped for convenience.... even simply reused for that matter

What we are seeing  now is thread after thread simply restating the obvious 

This isn't a comment on this thread or poster .... just tye reality that it's reached that point that without new information the forum is filling up with the same rehashing..... just like Greens post game press 

This poll question is leading. No surprise that the poster has used the survey's answer to bolster his own thoughts on it.

In short, a confirmation bias is a confirmation bias.

The people have also spoken here on the forums - Green is highly unpopular here and we want change.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Whaleroad Train said:

I think it is a silly question - or should I say two questions.  The question should be in two parts.  Do you want the Canucks to make a major trade right now?  Do you trust Jim Benning to make this trade?  Without this distinction being made you don't know how many are against Benning, or are just against the trade being made in general.

Also these types of polls are a bit skewed in their answers.  An online question like this will mainly get input from "angry" fans who are upset with the Canucks direction.  Those who are okay with how things are at the moment will not see a reason to spend the time to participate in the poll.

I, personally don't desire the Canucks to make a major trade at the moment.  This means I would be in the 94% if I had voted - but I'm not either pro or anti Benning.  Just anti trade.

Perfect post.

Further, the demographics of Twitter I've noticed also tends to be much more filled with angry negative people than positive people.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, stawns said:

Can mods please prevent this guy from creating threads?

SERIOUSLY

This could have just been an added post to one of the many Benning threads here already....including one he just created!

Mods have to do something.  This is getting ridiculous. I don't know which Benning thread to answer to.  Its a guessing game which one falls off the page, and which one becomes the main conversation.

edit:  I see he did add this to the FIRE TG and JB thread.  But didn't get any emoji attention, so....just make a whole new thread?   I agree with RU on management, but ffs, focus dude.

Edited by kilgore

This is an extremely poorly worded question: "Do you trust Jim Benning to make a major trade right now?"

The question is not asking if you trust Benning. The question is not asking if you want a big trade. The question literally asks something EXTREMELY SPECIFIC, so no wonder 94% of the fanbase said no.

If anything, this tells me Donnie and Dahliwahl don't know how to make a poll that's unbiased and gives us a clear picture. I'm not surprised the op chose to post this though. Anything to post propaganda right?

Also, I want to point out I'm not against letting go of Benning. I just think this thread and poll are stupid for the above reasons I mentioned.