The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

Just now, grandmaster said:

Seriously. Did you watch any of last years games? He was our co-mvp and ONLY play driver. Take this season aside, the guy has performed well from the moment he came here from Tampa

I was calling out his giving up defensively last season, the points our great but completely giving up defensively and after he gives the puck away is a fking joke. And he’s only got worse since last season, as well as not scoring at the same clip on top of that. 

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Should have sold high on Miller and kept Bo. They’re selling the wrong player imo. 

Market could be different for Horvat.  Don’t disagree with you.  The potential return will determine which guy should be have been moved.  It’s all chatroom fodder at this point.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I think this is posturing.  I'll bet he ends at 8x8.

If Horvat wants more than 8, he can skip town.  

picturing very possible like the Gillis trade he had (by all accounts its true) used to force Burrows to sign 4 yrs 2 million (it was Burrows and Bieksa for hedman - who was massively underachieving at the time).

7 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

True but to me that hole in the lineup would be way to big to let him go or trade.  

The return would have to be just awesome plus.

To me, it all depends on what comes back. I am also not sold on Bo as a captain, we need a Linden type leader, Bo is not that, he just isn't.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Screw said:

Market could be different for Horvat.  Don’t disagree with you.  The potential return will determine which guy should be have been moved.  It’s all chatroom fodder at this point.

Yea that’s where it’s still a wait and see.

Miller couldn’t return the young D man we needed, can Bo?

If they somehow get the return of a young high end center and a young RHD then we can re-evaluate.

2 minutes ago, aliboy said:

To me, it all depends on what comes back. I am also not sold on Bo as a captain, we need a Linden type leader, Bo is not that, he just isn't.

Not sure what you base that off.... Bo seems pretty similar in a lot of ways.

heart, courage, responsible, leads by example.... all are very similar traits

13 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

If I had to deal with being a part of this loser franchise for 9 years I'd be a "money first" guy too. Horvat has every reason in the world to not want to be here any more. 

Just  like we have every reason to not want him back. He has done nothing for us and this is the very thing that bothers me. We worship all of these type of guys and we still have no Championship. So we still want to give him any amount of money he is asking for? I want Miller gone too but at least he took a pay cut to sign, that is not what is happening here, yet he is scoring at an unbelievable pace that we have not seen in almost a decade he's been here. 

I will pass and I would be happy if we got a Hansen or a Burrows as a replacement.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I was calling out his giving up defensively last season, the points our great but completely giving up defensively and after he gives the puck away is a fking joke. And he’s only got worse since last season, as well as not scoring at the same clip on top of that. 

His mobility is definitely a big issue via foot speed. He has got to be injured and has probably been overplayed.

As for the giveaways, take your blinders off. No one likes to talk about QH, Bo or Petey giving the puck away but when Miller does it, haters like you zoom right in on that. Highly skilled players give the puck away, deal with it. Most times, they connect and unfortunately sometimes they miss. Did you know that the mighty Avs are the number one team for giveaways on the PP for most short handed goals? Explain that.

Edited by grandmaster

Just now, R3aL said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmFR-6eyLhs/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

could have had him for 7.5 x 7/8 I bet in summer.

Trading Bo now is going to define our franchises next 2-8 years

Very nervous and they better do it sooner than later to secure a better draft pick.

Everything goes up. They screwed this up. Should have also bought my first house sooner….

26 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I knew he was a "Money First" type of guy. The way this dragged on, and the way he decided to pad his numbers this year, I knew it was headed in this direction. Now we can maybe get a real Captain to steer this ship in the right direction, finally!

Since you obviously have all the facts, how much money was Bo offered, was it fair value or was it a lowball offer?

Gut feeling that it was the latter.....

• Cheers 1

So last summer we could have had:

Chytil

1st

and lundqvist could have flipped him for a 1st

for Miller 

and resigned Bo for 7.5/8 

think I would have done that or if Bo didn’t want to resign then we could have had that haul gone into this season without Miller flip Bo embrace a tanking year and get a haul for both miller and Horvat. 

very annoyed

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

Everything goes up. They screwed this up. Should have also bought my first house sooner….

Ya I almost bought last year and I’m very happy I didn’t. Peak and interest rates on a steady climb up 

very rare I end up on the right side of regret here 

• Cheers 1

Just now, R3aL said:

Chytil

1st

for Miller 

think I would have done that or if Bo didn’t want to resign then we could have had that haul gone into this season without Miller flip Bo embrace a tanking year and get a haul for both miller and Horvat. 

very annoyed

We’ll have to see how it all plays out.

If Bo can get us a much better package and goes on to sign a 9 million dollar deal things will look different.

Also trading him would likely hurt our chances of winning and possibly drop us down to a top 5 pick.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Chytil

1st

for Miller 

very annoyed

Is that confirmed or just based on the fan speculation at the time?