The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

On 1/13/2023 at 2:30 PM, High and Inside said:

Under no circumstances can management re sign Horvat. We need to tear down to the studs.  Get 5-6 top 3 picks this year and next. Put them all down in Abby for the next 2-3 years and there won't be pressure on one single prospect to get this team to the top. Combined with Petterson and Hughes we could be very good in three years. But we can't waste time getting to the inevitable.  Can't continually signing cap anchors that are past their prime. We need to do this right. 

That’s what needs to be done. Problem is I don’t see Petterson sticking around for 3 years, and could see Hughes wanting out too after 3 years of losing. Unless they can be sold on the idea, but I’m not convinced of that. So unfortunately, if it happens, they’ll likely be gone for picks/prospects as well

1 hour ago, arsenalian said:

That’s what needs to be done. Problem is I don’t see Petterson sticking around for 3 years, and could see Hughes wanting out too after 3 years of losing. Unless they can be sold on the idea, but I’m not convinced of that. So unfortunately, if it happens, they’ll likely be gone for picks/prospects as well

We have the talent to be a competitive team next season if we redistribute. We have talent here, just not the right mix. We have no problem scoring goals, we have defensive issues. That's easier to fix than offense.

Edited by VegasCanuck
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

We have the talent to be a competitive team next season if we redistribute. We have talent here, just not the right mix. We have no problem scoring goals, we have defensive issues. That's easier to fix than offense.

Hmm, I agree to a point, but I disagree defensive issues are easier to fix than offense. As you say though, maybe getting the right mix of forwards will solve some of the defensive woes. I just don’t see an easy fix to shore up the actual D corps though, maybe a Bo trade facilitates that. I’m just losing faith in this management group fast. Like…almost miss Benning fast, lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Ya, all we need to be competitive are two big, fast wingers; a replacement for Bo (2C); a 3C; and 2-3 top 4D; easy peasey, lol. A bit more structure wouldn't hurt either, an improved PK, a better prospect pool (ranked 28th at present), and getting bubble Demko back. Where’s my magic wand when I need it.

On 1/13/2023 at 9:54 PM, BPA said:

Supposedly …

14587647-FF46-4E3B-9902-931B51C7FB5C.jpeg

If that is actually true, Horvat must be incredibly insulted. At this point if I'm Horvat I'm not listening to any more offers. You've insulted me enough and I'm walking.

Maybe in the summer if management offered something in the mid-6s instead of the 5s Horvat would have signed and this wouldn’t now be an issue. 

• Vintage 1

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

Mackinnon and Landeskog stuck it out when the Avs traded a couple of their core guys and sunk to the bottom.  

there's a difference.. those 2 didn't have a choice like it or not.. landeskog was under a 6 year deal when o'reilly and duchene was traded.. it's not like he have any powers to say i won't re-sign i want out.. same with mackinnon.. neither player were anywhere close to having any powers to demand a trade or else they'll go ufa as neither were anywhere close to being an ufa.. one is under a long term contract and 1 is an rfa for another 4 years.

• Upvote 1